The Efficiency of Trading Halts; Evidence from Bursa Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hopewell, Michael H & Schwartz, Arthur L, Jr, 1978. "Temporary Trading Suspensions in Individual NYSE Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(5), pages 1355-1373, December.
- Ruth Tan & W. Y. Yeo, 2003. "Voluntary trading suspensions in Singapore," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(7), pages 517-523.
- William G. Christie & Shane A. Corwin & Jeffrey H. Harris, 2002. "Nasdaq Trading Halts: The Impact of Market Mechanisms on Prices, Trading Activity, and Execution Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1443-1478, June.
- Lifan Wu, 1998. "Market Reactions to the Hong Kong Trading Suspensions: Mandatory versus Voluntary," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3&4), pages 419-437.
- Howe, John S. & Schlarbaum, Gary G., 1986. "SEC Trading Suspensions: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(03), pages 323-333, September.
- Haiwei Chen & Honghui Chen & Nicholas Valerio, 2003. "The effects of trading halts on price discovery for NYSE stocks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 91-97.
- McDonald, Cynthia G. & Michayluk, David, 2003. "Suspicious trading halts," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 251-263, July.
More about this item
KeywordsThe effectiveness of firm specific stock trading halts. Malaysian Evidence;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G19 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Other
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-MST-2009-02-07 (Market Microstructure)
- NEP-SEA-2009-02-07 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13077. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .