Towards a sustainable Growth story: A critical analysis of the fundamentals
In this paper, I will develop an insight into the growth process of Indian Economy and will find that increased inequality due to unconventional transitions have its negative implications for future growth prospects and the overall issue of sustainability. The objective of this paper is to throw light on theoretical concepts of growth process and to suggest some policies which are in line with the conventions and at the same time are well integrated with the contemporary Indian Economy. Issues like that of consumption inequality, labor mobility etc. have been identified as inhibiting factors for a smooth flow of transitions and with a sector specific analysis, have been dealt with, so as to remove them and make the transition process free flowing, which will bring about a sustainable long-run growth strategy.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William D. Nordhaus, 2000.
"Alternative Methods for Measuring Productivity Growth,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1282, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- William D. Nordhaus, 2001. "Alternative Methods for Measuring Productivity Growth," NBER Working Papers 8095, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephane Straub, 2011. "Infrastructure and Development: A Critical Appraisal of the Macro-level Literature," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(5), pages 683-708.
- Stephane Straub, 2007. "Infrastructure and Development: A Critical Appraisal of the Macro-level Literature," ESE Discussion Papers 178, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Straub, Stephane, 2008. "Infrastructure and development : a critical appraisal of the macro level literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4590, The World Bank.
- Steger, Thomas M, 2000. "Productive Consumption and Growth in Developing Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 365-375, October.
- Thomas M. Steger, 2000. "Productive Consumption and Growth in Developing Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 365-375, October.
- Thomas M. Steger, 1997. "Productive Consumption and Growth in Developing Countries," Development and Comp Systems 9710001, EconWPA, revised 02 Dec 1997.
- Thomas Steger, 1997. "Productive Consumption and Growth in Developing Countries," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 64-97, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Gersovitz, Mark, 1983. "Savings and Nutrition at Low Incomes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 841-855, October.
- Wheeler, David, 1980. "Basic needs fulfillment and economic growth : A simultaneous model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 435-451, December.
- Ram, Rati & Schultz, Theodore W, 1979. "Life Span, Health, Savings, and Productivity," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(3), pages 399-421, April.
- Sen, Amartya, 1974. "Informational bases of alternative welfare approaches : Aggregation and income distribution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 387-403, November.
- Deepika Goel, 2002. "Impact of Infrastructure on Productivity: Case of Indian Registered Manufacturing," Working papers 106, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Hicks, Norman L., 1979. "Growth vs basic needs: Is there a trade-off?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(11-12), pages 985-994. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.