Improving the Quality of Care in Developing Countries
Although the quantity rather than quality of health services has been the focus historically in developing countries, ample evidence suggests that quality of care (or the lack of it) must be at the center of every discussion about better health. This paper discusses the cost effectiveness of various interventions to improve the quality of care in developing countries.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in DCP70 (2004): pp. 1292-1307|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thaver, Inayat H. & Harpham, Trudy & McPake, Barbara & Garner, Paul, 1998. "Private practitioners in the slums of Karachi: what quality of care do they offer?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(11), pages 1441-1449, January.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Jaypee Sevilla, 2001. "The Effect of Health on Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 8587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peabody, John W., 1996. "Economic reform and health sector policy: Lessons from structural adjustment programs," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 823-835, September.
- Frenk, Julio, 1992. "Balancing relevance and excellence: Organizational responses to link research with decision making," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1397-1404, December.
- Peabody, John W. & Gertler, Paul J. & Leibowitz, Arleen, 1998. "The policy implications of better structure and process on birth outcomes in Jamaica," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Pérez-Cuevas, Ricardo & Guiscafré, Hector & Muñoz, Onofre & Reyes, Hortensia & Tomé, Patricia & Libreros, Vita & Gutiérrez, Gonzalo, 1996. "Improving physician prescribing patterns to treat rhinopharyngitis. Intervention strategies in two health systems of Mexico," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(8), pages 1185-1194, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.