Grid-enabled estimation of structural economic models
In this paper we present our experiences with the execution of structural economic models over the Grid using ”cloud computing”. We describe cases of distributed implementation and execution of occupational choice and ﬁnancial deepening models of economic growth. We show how the application of Grid technology and resources naturally ﬁts the studies of economic systems, by allowing us to capture eﬀects of computationally challenging real-world characteristics such as heterogeneity of wealth, talent and access costs among economic agents.
|Date of creation:||04 Nov 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gine, Xavier & Townsend, Robert M., 2004.
"Evaluation of financial liberalization: a general equilibrium model with constrained occupation choice,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 269-307, August.
- Gine, Xavier & Townsend, Robert M., 2003. "Evaluation of financial liberalization : a general equilibrium model with constrained occupation choice," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3014, The World Bank.
- Leigh Tesfatsion, 2006.
"Agent-Based Computational Economics: A Constructive Approach to Economic Theory,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2006
527, Society for Computational Economics.
- Tesfatsion, Leigh, 2006. "Agent-Based Computational Economics: A Constructive Approach to Economic Theory," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 831-880 Elsevier.
- Tesfatsion, Leigh, 2006. "Agent-Based Computational Economics: A Constructive Approach to Economic Theory," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12514, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hyeok Jeong & Robert M. Townsend, 2003.
"Growth and Inequality: Model Evaluation Based on an Estimation-Calibration Strategy,"
IEPR Working Papers
05.10, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Jeong, Hyeok & Townsend, Robert M., 2008. "Growth And Inequality: Model Evaluation Based On An Estimation-Calibration Strategy," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(S2), pages 231-284, September.
- William Easterly, 2002. "The Elusive Quest for Growth: Economists' Adventures and Misadventures in the Tropics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550423, September.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V. & Duflo, Esther, 2005. "Growth Theory through the Lens of Development Economics," Handbook of Economic Growth, in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 473-552 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.