Growth and Inequality: Model Evaluation Based on an Estimation-Calibration Strategy
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Jeong, Hyeok & Townsend, Robert M., 2008. "Growth And Inequality: Model Evaluation Based On An Estimation-Calibration Strategy," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(S2), pages 231-284, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco J. Buera & Yongseok Shin, 2013.
"Financial Frictions and the Persistence of History: A Quantitative Exploration,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 121(2), pages 221-272.
- Yongseok Shin & Francisco Buera, 2007. "Financial Frictions and the Persistence of History: A Quantitative Exploration," 2007 Meeting Papers 300, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Francisco J. Buera & Yongseok Shin, 2010. "Financial Frictions and the Persistence of History: A Quantitative Exploration," NBER Working Papers 16400, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cep:stieop:43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oriana Bandiera & Robin Burgess & Narayan Das & Selim Gulesci & Imran Rasul & Munshi Sulaiman, 2013.
"Can Basic Entrepreneurship Transform the Economic Lives of the Poor?,"
STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series
043, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Burgess, Robin & Das, Narayan & Gulesci, Selim & Rasul, Imran & Sulaiman, Munshi, 2013. "Can Basic Entrepreneurship Transform the Economic Lives of the Poor?," IZA Discussion Papers 7386, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bandiera, Oriana & Das, Narayan & Burgess, Robin & Gulesci, Selim & Sulaiman, Munshi & Rasul, Imran, 2013. "Can basic entrepreneurship transform the economic lives of the poor?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58032, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mathan Satchi & Jonathan Temple, 2006.
"Growth and labour markets in developing countries,"
CEDI Discussion Paper Series
06-12, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Satchi, Mathan & Temple, Jonathan, 2006. "Growth and Labour Markets in Developing Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 5515, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mathan Satchi & Jonathan Temple, 2006. "Growth and labour markets in developing countries," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 06/581, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2009.
"Finance and Inequality: Theory and Evidence,"
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 287-318, November.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2009. "Finance and inequality : theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4967, The World Bank.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2009. "Finance and Inequality: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 15275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hyeok Jeong & Robert Townsend, 2007.
"Sources of TFP growth: occupational choice and financial deepening,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 32(1), pages 179-221, July.
- Hyeok Jeong & Robert M. Townsend, 2005. "Sources of TFP Growth: Occupational Choice and Financial Deepening," IEPR Working Papers 05.28, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR), revised May 2005.
- Robert M. Townsend & Hyeok Jeong, 2007. "Sources of TFP Growth: Occupational Choice and Financial Deepening," 2007 Meeting Papers 198, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Paula Bustos & Gabriel Garber & Jacopo Ponticelli, 2016. "Capital Allocation Across Sectors: Evidence from a Boom in Agriculture," Working Papers Series 414, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Jeong, Hyeok, 2008.
"Assessment Of Relationship Between Growth And Inequality: Micro Evidence From Thailand,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(S2), pages 155-197, September.
- Hyeok Jeong, 2005. "Assessment of Relationship between Growth and Inequality: Micro Evidence from Thailand," IEPR Working Papers 05.20, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Ugo Panizza, 2013. "Guest Workers: Financial Development and Economic Growth: Known Knowns, Known Unknowns, and Unknown Unknowns," IHEID Working Papers 13-2013, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Robert M. Townsend & Kenichi Ueda, 2010. "Welfare Gains From Financial Liberalization," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(3), pages 553-597, August.
- Alem, Mauro & Townsend, Robert M., 2014. "An evaluation of financial institutions: Impact on consumption and investment using panel data and the theory of risk-bearing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 183(1), pages 91-103.
- Constantin Anghelache & Aurelian DIACONU & Andreea Ioana MARINESCU & Marius POPOVICI, 2016. "Comparative study of the evolution of the Gross Domestic Product indicator," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 64(12), pages 165-172, December.
- Robert M. Townsend & Hyeok Jeong, 2004. "Discovering the Sources of TFP Growth: Occupation Choice, Capital Heterogeneity, and Financial Deepening," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 405, Econometric Society.
- Paula Bustos & Gabriel Garber & Jacopo Ponticelli, 2016. "Capital Allocation across Regions, Sectors and Firms: evidence from a commodity boom in Brazil," Working Papers Series 444, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Kim, Dong-Hyeon & Lin, Shu-Chin, 2011. "Nonlinearity in the financial developmentâincome inequality nexus," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 310-325, September.
- Joseph P. Kaboski & Robert M. Townsend, 2012. "The Impact of Credit on Village Economies," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 98-133, April.
- Zhorin, Victor & Stef-Praun, Tiberiu, 2008. "Grid-enabled estimation of structural economic models," MPRA Paper 11384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Felipe Diniz, 2005. "Contructing A Broader Measure Of Welfare Incorporating The Access To Public Goods," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 045, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Era Dabla-Norris & Yan Ji & Robert M. Townsend & Filiz D Unsal, 2015. "Identifying Constraints to Financial Inclusion and Their Impact on GDP and Inequality; A Structural Framework for Policy," IMF Working Papers 15/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Christopher Udry, 2012. "Misallocation, Growth and Financial Market Imperfections," Annual Meeting Plenary 2012-3, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Era Dabla-Norris & Yan Ji & Robert M. Townsend & D. Filiz Unsal, 2015. "Distinguishing Constraints on Financial Inclusion and Their Impact on GDP, TFP, and Inequality," NBER Working Papers 20821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsModel Evaluation; Growth and Inequality; Wealth-Constrained Self-Selection;
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2005-04-03 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2005-04-03 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:scp:wpaper:05-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ieuscus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .