Software Provision and the Impact of Market Integration
Both deeper market integration and advances in digital technology have driven particularly large decreases in the costs of intermarket software provision. In this note, we first explain the mechanism of how trade costs in uence the software provision decisions of software firms. Then, we investigate the transformation of production/trade patterns given gradually decreasing trade costs for software products. It is shown that, if two incompatible types of hardware exist, deeper market integration may reduce the variety of hardware technologies.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004.
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 691-751, September.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004. "Trade Costs," NBER Working Papers 10480, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004. "Trade Costs," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 593, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigne, Carl & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2007. "Countries, regions and trade: On the welfare impacts of economic integration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 1277-1301, July.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & GAIGNE, Carl & OTTAVIANO, Gianmarco I.P. & THISSE, Jacques-François, "undated". "Countries, regions and trade: on the welfare impacts of economic integration," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1936, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens & Carl Gaigné & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano & Jacques-François Thisse, 2007. "Countries, regions and trade: On the welfare impacts of economic integration," Post-Print halshs-00754213, HAL.