How the West is Underdeveloping Itself
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Arcand & Enrico Berkes & Ugo Panizza, 2015. "Too much finance?," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 105-148, June.
- Samaha, Amal, 2020. "Innovators, Bullshitters or Aristocrats: Towards an Explanation of Unproductive Work," MPRA Paper 107169, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gunnar Myrdal, 1974. "What Is Development?," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 729-736, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lo Turco, Alessia & Maggioni, Daniela & Zazzaro, Alberto, 2019.
"Financial dependence and growth: The role of input-output linkages,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 308-328.
- Alessia Lo Turco & Daniela Maggioni & Alberto Zazzaro, 2018. "Financial Dependence and Growth: the Role of Input-Output Linkages," CSEF Working Papers 516, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec, 2017.
"Global Dynamics, Capabilities and the Crisis,"
Economic Complexity and Evolution, in: Andreas Pyka & Uwe Cantner (ed.), Foundations of Economic Change, pages 83-106,
- Tongurai, Jittima & Vithessonthi, Chaiporn, 2018. "The impact of the banking sector on economic structure and growth," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 193-207.
- Christopher F Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Bing Xu, 2017. "The Impact of Uncertainty on Financial Institutions," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 939, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 20 Sep 2018.
- Florentina Melnic & Daniel Juravle, 2020. "Governance And Access To Finance," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 25, pages 151-168, June.
- E. Ninlias & G. Torre, 2017. "Euro banknotes and coins in France in 2016," Quarterly selection of articles - Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 47, pages 5-14, Autumn.
- Klagge Britta & Zademach Hans-Martin, 2018. "International capital flows, stock markets, and uneven development: the case of Sub-Saharan Africa and the Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative (SSEI)," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 62(2), pages 92-107, May.
- Jaison Chireshe, 2021. "Finance and Renewable Energy Development Nexus: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 11(1), pages 318-325.
- Singh, Nirvikar, 2018.
"Financial Inclusion: Concepts, Issues and Policies for India,"
91047, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Nirvikar, 2018. "Financial Inclusion: Concepts, Issues and Policies for India," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt98p5m37s, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Bruno Bonizzi & Christina Laskaridis & Jan Toporowski, 2015. "EU Development Policy And The Promotion Of The Financial Sector," Working papers wpaper120, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Pedro S. Amaral & Dean Corbae & Erwan Quintin, 2020. "Cash‐Flow Tranching And The Macroeconomy," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 61(4), pages 1815-1843, November.
- Robert Stewart & Murshed Chowdhury & Vaalmikki Arjoon, 2021. "Bank stability and economic growth: trade-offs or opportunities?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 827-853, August.
- Pisany Paweł, 2016. "Comparative Models of Capitalism in the Areas of Financial System and Corporate Governance – the Diversity of Capitalism Approach Perspective," International Journal of Management and Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of World Economy, vol. 52(1), pages 59-76, December.
- Marta de la Cuesta-González & Cristina Ruza & José M. Rodríguez-Fernández, 2020. "Rethinking the Income Inequality and Financial Development Nexus. A Study of Nine OECD Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(13), pages 1-18, July.
- Anna Ivanova & Rodrigo Mariscal & Joyce Wong & Dyna Heng & Ms. Uma Ramakrishnan, 2016. "Advancing Financial Development in Latin America and the Caribbean," IMF Working Papers 2016/081, International Monetary Fund.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Horvath, Roman & Mares, Jan, 2020.
"Finance and wealth inequality,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 108(C).
- Iftekhar Hasan & Roman Horvath & Jan Mares, 2018. "Finance and Wealth Inequality," Working Papers 378, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Iftekhar Hasan & Roman Horvath & Jan Mares, 2018. "Finance and Wealth Inequality," Working Papers IES 2018/35, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Dec 2018.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Hoseini, M., 2014.
"Informality and Access to Finance : Evidence from India,"
Other publications TiSEM
00e890f4-bd1a-46ba-9064-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Hoseini, M., 2014. "Informality and Access to Finance : Evidence from India," Other publications TiSEM e5c25baf-18fc-4e4f-910c-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Hoseini, M., 2014. "Informality and Access to Finance : Evidence from India," Discussion Paper 2014-052, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Klein, Paul-Olivier & Weill, Laurent, 2022. "Bank profitability and economic growth," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 183-199.
- Berger, Allen N. & Molyneux, Phil & Wilson, John O.S., 2020. "Banks and the real economy: An assessment of the research," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Gola, Carlo & Ilari, Antonio, 2015.
"Financial innovation oversight: a policy framework,"
Journal of Financial Perspectives, EY Global FS Institute, vol. 3(1), pages 59-100.
- Gola Carlo & Ilari Antonio, 2013. "Financial innovation oversight: a policy framework," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 200, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
KeywordsDevelopment; Growth; Socialism; Underdevelopment; Walter Rodney; Imperialism;
All these keywords.
- B24 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist; Scraffian
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2021-05-31 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2021-05-31 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2021-05-31 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:107979. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.