Portugal's Growth Paradox, 1870-1950
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, Alan M. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 1997. "Convergence in the age of mass migration," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 27-63, April.
- Fabrizio Perri & Vincenzo Quadrini, 2002.
"The Great Depression in Italy: Trade Restrictions and Real Wage Rigidities,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 5(1), pages 128-151, January.
- Fabrizio Perri & Vincenzo Quadrini, 2002. "Data Appendix to The Great Depression in Italy: Trade Restrictions and Real Wage Rigidities," Technical Appendices perri02, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Molinas, Cesar & de la Escosura, Leandro Prados, 1989. "Was Spain different? Spanish historical backwardness revisited," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 385-402, October.
- Costa-Gomes, Miguel & Tavares, Jos, 1999. "Democracy and business cycles: Evidence from portuguese economic history," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(03), pages 295-321, December.
- Taylor, Alan M., 1992. "External Dependence, Demographic Burdens, and Argentine Economic Decline After the Belle Époque," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(04), pages 907-936, December.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1992.
"The origins and nature of the Great Slump revisited,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 45(2), pages 213-239, May.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1991. "The Origins and Nature of the Great Slump, Revisited," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt55s856nv, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1991. "The Origins and Nature of the Great Slump, Revisited," Economics Working Papers 91-156, University of California at Berkeley.
- Feinstein, Charles H. & Temin, Peter & Toniolo, Gianni, 1997. "The European Economy Between the Wars," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774815.
- Taylor, Alan M., 1998. "On the Costs of Inward-Looking Development: Price Distortions, Growth, and Divergence in Latin America," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(01), pages 1-28, March.
- Crafts, N F R, 1984. "Patterns of Development in Nineteenth Century Europe," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 438-458, November.
- Vamvakidis, Athanasios, 2002. "How Robust Is the Growth-Openness Connection? Historical Evidence," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 57-80, March.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj, 1997. "Tariffs and Growth in the Late Nineteenth Century," CEPR Discussion Papers 1700, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jakob B. Madsen, 2001. "Trade Barriers and the Collapse of World Trade During the Great Depression," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 848-868, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic growth; European periphery; state intervention; protectionism.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-07-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2004-07-26 (Development)
- NEP-HIS-2004-07-26 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .