Zur Akzeptanz politischer und marktwirtschaftlicher Reformen in Osteuropa: Empirische Befunde und Erklärungsansätze
In the transformation economies of Eastern Europe a rather high level of institutional heterogeneity developed after having started at low, albeit quite similar levels after the fall of the Iron Curtain. This heterogeneity is relevant both at the level of the major macroeconomic indicators and the level of indicators of institutional reforms and the resulting institutional quality. It is remarkable that political and economic liberty did not develop in lockstep as could have been expected from Walter Eucken’s reflections on the interdependency of orders. In this contribution, some conceptual remarks are made on the role of the acceptance of economic and political systems. After that, we look at macro- and microeconomic datasets in order to describe the situation in the transformation economies.
|Date of creation:||May 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Landshuter Str. 4, 93047 Regensburg|
Phone: +49-(0)941-943 54 10
Fax: +49-(0)941-943 54 27
Web page: http://www.ios-regensburg.de
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Papaioannou, Elias & Siourounis, Gregorios, 2008.
"Democratization and Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6987, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Elias Papaioannou & Gregorios Siourounis, 2007. "Democratization And Growth," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 07-13, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Elias Papaioannou & Gregorios Siourounis, 2008. "Democratization and Growth," Working Papers 00027, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- David Aristei & Cristiano Perugini, 2011.
"Speed and Sequencing of Transition Reforms and Income Inequality: a Panel Data Analysis,"
302, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- David Aristei & Cristiano Perugini, 2014. "Speed and Sequencing of Transition Reforms and Income Inequality: A Panel Data Analysis," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(3), pages 542-570, 09.
- Irina Denisova & Markus Eller & Timothy Frye & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2007.
"Who Wants to Revise Privatization and Why? Evidence from 28 Post-Communist Countries,"
w0105, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Denisova, Irina & Eller, Markus & Frye, Timothy & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2007. "Who Wants to Revise Privatization and Why? Evidence from 28 Post-Communist Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 6603, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Apolte, .
"Democracy and Prosperity in two Decades of Transition,"
200106, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Thomas Apolte, 2011. "Democracy and prosperity in two decades of transition," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(4), pages 693-722, October.
- Apolte, Thomas, 2010. "Democracy and prosperity in two decades of transition," CAWM Discussion Papers 26, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM), University of Münster.
- Philippe Aghion & Olivier J. Blanchard, 1994.
"On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1994, Volume 9, pages 283-330
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Aghion, Philippe, 1994. "On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe," Scholarly Articles 4481322, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Blanchard, O.J., 1993. "On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe," Working papers 93-8, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Estrin, Saul & Hanousek, Jan & Kocenda, Evzen & Svejnar, Jan, 2009.
"Effects of privatization and ownership in transition economies,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4811, The World Bank.
- Saul Estrin & Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Jan Svejnar, 2009. "The Effects of Privatization and Ownership in Transition Economies," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(3), pages 699-728, September.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Philippe Aghion & Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1994. "On the Speed of Transition Central Europe," NBER Working Papers 4736, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ost:wpaper:315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekaterina Selezneva)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.