Does ISO14001 raise firms f awareness of environmental protection? |Case from Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bui, Linda T.M. & Kapon, Samuel, 2012.
"The impact of voluntary programs on polluting behavior: Evidence from pollution prevention programs and toxic releases,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 31-44.
- Linda T. M. Bui & Samuel Kapon, 2010. "The Impact of Voluntary Programs on Polluting Behavior: Evidence from Pollution Prevention Programs and Toxic Releases," Working Papers 40, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School, revised Nov 2011.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Harrison, Ann E., 2003.
"Moving to greener pastures? Multinationals and the pollution haven hypothesis,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S.*Harrison, Ann E., 1997. "Moving to greener pastures : multinationals and the pollution-haven hypothesis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1744, The World Bank.
- Gunnar A. Eskeland & Ann E. Harrison, 2002. "Moving to Greener Pastures? Multinationals and the Pollution Haven Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 8888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kim, Eun-Hee & Lyon, Thomas P., 2011. "Strategic environmental disclosure: Evidence from the DOE's voluntary greenhouse gas registry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 311-326, May.
- Fredriksson, Per G. & List, John A. & Millimet, Daniel L., 2003.
"Bureaucratic corruption, environmental policy and inbound US FDI: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1407-1430, August.
- Per Fredriksson & John List & Daniel Millimet, 2003. "Bureaucratic corruption, environmental policy and inbound US FDI: theory and evidence," Natural Field Experiments 00495, The Field Experiments Website.
- Per Fredriksson & John List & Daniel Millimet, 2003. "Bureaucratic corruption, environmental policy and inbound US FDI: theory and evidence," Natural Field Experiments 00504, The Field Experiments Website.
- Arimura, Toshi H. & Darnall, Nicole & Katayama, Hajime, 2011. "Is ISO 14001 a gateway to more advanced voluntary action? The case of green supply chain management," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 170-182, March.
- Cole, Matthew A., 2004. "Trade, the pollution haven hypothesis and the environmental Kuznets curve: examining the linkages," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 71-81, January.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2008.
"Corporate Social Responsibility and the Environment: A Theoretical Perspective,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(2), pages 240-260, Summer.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2007. "Corporate Social Responsibility and the Environment: A Theoretical Perspective," Working Papers 2007-16, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Kanittha Tambunlertchai & Andreas Kontoleon & Madhu Khanna, 2013. "Assessing participation in voluntary environmental programmes in the developing world: the role of FDI and export orientation on ISO14001 adoption in Thailand," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(15), pages 2039-2048, May.
- Mani, Muthukumara & Jha, Shreyasi, 2006. "Trade liberalization and the environment in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3879, The World Bank.
- Arimura, Toshihide & Iguchi, Hakaru & Michida, Etsuyo, 2014. "Product-related environmental regulation and voluntary environmental actions : impacts of RoHS and REACH in Malaysia," IDE Discussion Papers 454, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; ISO14001; Vietnam; environmental protection;
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F64 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Environment
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2016-04-23 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2016-04-23 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osk:wpaper:1605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Atsuko SUZUKI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feosujp.html .