South-South Trade In Goods
The empirical analysis presented in this paper indicates that trade between developing countries (South-South trade) offers a wide scope for specialisation and efficiency gains. The first part of the paper takes an ex-post perspective and employs the gravity methodology to contribute to understanding past trends in world goods trade with a special focus on South-South trade. Analysis shows that far from experiencing a ?death of distance?, South-South trade is still severely...
|Date of creation:||16 Oct 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2 rue Andre Pascal, 75775 Paris Cedex 16|
Phone: 33-(0)-1-45 24 82 00
Fax: 33-(0)-1-45 24 85 00
Web page: http://www.oecd.org
More information through EDIRC
- Douillet, Mathilde, 2011. "Which trade integration scheme can best help Sub-Saharan Africa develop and export more processed agricultural goods?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1119, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Douillet, Mathilde, 2012. "Trade policies and agricultural exports of Sub-Saharan African countries: Some stylized facts and perspectives," MPRA Paper 40962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-François Arvis & Yann Duval & Ben Shepherd & Chorthip Utoktham, 2012.
"Trade Costs in the Developing World:1995 – 2010,"
12112, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Arvis, Jean-François & Duval, Yann & Shepherd, Ben & Utoktham,Chorthip, 2013. "Trade costs in the developing world : 1995 - 2010," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6309, The World Bank.
- John Kenneth Galbraith & Oleh Havrylyshyn & Sandor Richter, 2010. "Monthly Report No. 6/2010," wiiw Monthly Reports 2010-06, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Douillet, Mathilde, 2012. "Trade policy reforms in the new agricultural context: Is regional integration a priority for Sub-Saharan African countries agricultural-led industrialization? Insights from a global computable general," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126546, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2008. "South-South Regionalism And Trade Cooperation In The Asia-Pacific Region," MPRA Paper 10886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mustafa Caglayan & Omar S. Dahi & Firat Demir, 2013. "EsTrade Flows, Exchange Rate Uncertainty, and Financial Depth: Evidence from 28 Emerging Countries," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 905-927, April.
- Mustafa Caglayan & Omar S. Dahi & Firat Demir, 2010. "Trade Flows, Exchange Rate Uncertainty and Financial Depth: Evidence from 28 Emerging Countries," Working Papers 2010011, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised May 2010.
- Demir, Firat & Caglayan, Mustafa & Dahi, Omar S., 2012. "Trade flows, exchange rate uncertainty and financial depth: evidence from 28 emerging countries," MPRA Paper 37400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suresh K G & Neeraj Aswal, 2014. "Determinants of India’s Manufactured Exports to South and North: A Gravity Model Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(1), pages 144-151.
- Omar S. Dahi & Firat Demir, 2013. "Preferential trade agreements and manufactured goods exports: does it matter whom you PTA with?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(34), pages 4754-4772, December.
- Demir, Firat & Dahi, Omar S., 2012. "Preferential Trade Agreements and Manufactured Goods Exports: Does It Matter Whom You PTA With?," MPRA Paper 37396, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Athukorala, Prema-Chandra, 2011. "South-South Trade: An Asian Perspective," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 265, Asian Development Bank.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2011. "South-South Trade: An Asian Perspective," Departmental Working Papers 2011-09, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Shahbaz Nasir, 2012. "Global Production Sharing and South-South Trade," Departmental Working Papers 2012-12, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2010. "The rationale for South-South trade; An Alternative Approach," MPRA Paper 26354, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benedetti Fasil, Cristiana & Borota, Teodora, 2013. "World trade patterns and prices: The role of productivity and quality heterogeneity," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 68-81.
- Benedetti Fasil, Cristiana & Borota, Teodora, 2010. "World Trade Patterns and Prices: The Role of Productivity and Quality Heterogeneity," Working Paper Series 2010:7, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Wilson, Norbert L.W., 2007. "What a Difference a Day Makes: An Estimate of Potential Gains from Trade Facilitation," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9958, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Raihan, Selim, 2014. "South-South Trade: A Quantitative Assessment," MPRA Paper 57776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2010. "The Role of China in Regional South-South Trade in Asia-Pacific: Prospects for industrialization of the low-income countries," MPRA Paper 26358, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:traaab:40-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed