Saving for Retirement: New Evidence for New Zealand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- B. Douglas Bernheim, 2000.
"How Much Should Americans Be Saving for Retirement?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 288-292, May.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Lorenzo Forni & Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 2000. "How much should Americans be saving for retirement?," Working Paper 0002, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ross Guest & John Bryant & Grant Scobie, 2003. "Population Ageing In New Zealand: Implications for Living Standards and the Optimal Rate of Saving," Treasury Working Paper Series 03/10, New Zealand Treasury.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Agar Brugiavini, 2003. "Social Security and Households' Saving," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 1075-1119.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2001.
"Choice, Chance, and Wealth Dispersion at Retirement,"
NBER Chapters,in: Aging Issues in the United States and Japan, pages 25-64
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2000. "Choice, Chance, and Wealth Dispersion at Retirement," NBER Working Papers 7521, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Karl Scholz & Ananth Seshadri & Surachai Khitatrakun, 2006. "Are Americans Saving "Optimally" for Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(4), pages 607-643, August.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Susann Rohwedder, 2003. "Pension Wealth and Household Saving: Evidence from Pension Reforms in the United Kingdom," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1499-1521, December.
- John Gibson & Grant Scobie, 2001. "A cohort analysis of household income, consumption and saving," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 196-216.
- Clive Thorp & Bun Ung, 2001. "Recent trends in household financial assets and liabilities," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 64, June.
- Eric M. Engen & William G. Gale & Cori E. Uccello, 2004. "Lifetime Earnings, Social Security Benefits, and the Adequacy of Retirement Wealth Accumulation," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2004-10, Center for Retirement Research, revised Apr 2004.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Creedy, John & Gemmell, Norman & Scobie, Grant, 2015.
"Pensions, savings and housing: A life-cycle framework with policy simulations,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 346-357.
- John Creedy & Norman Gemmell & Grant Scobie, 2014. "Pensions, Savings and Housing: A Life-cycle Framework with Policy Simulations," Treasury Working Paper Series 14/14, New Zealand Treasury.
- Creedy, John & Gemmell, Norman & Scobie, Grant, 2015. "Pensions, Savings and Housing: A Life-cycle Framework with Policy Simulations," Working Paper Series 3763, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
- Grant M Scobie & Trinh Le, 2004. "The Impact of Workplace and Personal Superannuation Schemes on Net Worth: Evidence from the Household Savings Survey," Treasury Working Paper Series 04/08, New Zealand Treasury.
- Mark van Zijll de Jong & Grant M. Scobie, 2006. "Housing: An Analysis of Ownership and Investment Based on the Household Savings Survey," Treasury Working Paper Series 06/07, New Zealand Treasury.
- Janice Burns & Maire Dwyer, 2007. "Households'attitudes to savings, investment and wealth," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 70, December.
- World Bank, 2014. "Poland : Saving for Growth and Prosperous Aging," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20441, The World Bank.
- James Obben & Monique Waayer, 2011. "New Zealand's old-age pension scheme and household saving," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(9), pages 767-788, August.
More about this item
KeywordsSavings; household net wealth; retirement; life cycle; New Zealand;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-10-18 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nzt:nztwps:04/12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Web and Publishing Team, The Treasury). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tregvnz.html .