Uniform Value in Recursive Games
We address the problem of existence of the uniform value in recursive games. We give two existence results. (i) The uniform value is shown to exist if the state space is countable, the action sets are finite and if, for some a > 0, there are finitely many states in which the limsup value is less than a. (ii) For games with non-negative payoff function, it is sufficient that the action set of player 2 is finite. The finiteness assumption can be further weakened.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/research/math/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nowak, Andrzej S. & Szajowski, Krzysztof, 1998. "Nonzero-sum Stochastic Games," MPRA Paper 19995, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1999.
- Mertens, J.-F. & Neyman, A., .
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-454, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mertens, Jean-Francois, 2002. "Stochastic games," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 47, pages 1809-1832 Elsevier.
- Dinah Rosenberg & Eilon Solan & Nicolas Vieille, 1999. "Stopping Games with Randomized Strategies," Discussion Papers 1258, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Rosenberg, Dinah & Vieille, Nicolas, 2000. "The Maxmin of Recursive Games with Incomplete Information on one Side," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6231, Paris Dauphine University.
- Mertens, J.-F., 1986. "Repeated games," CORE Discussion Papers 1986024, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nwu:cmsems:1293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fran Walker)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.