Predicting the Pattern of International Trade in the Neoclassical Model: A Synthesis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Daniel Bernhofen, 2009. "Predicting the pattern of international trade in the neoclassical model: a synthesis," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 41(1), pages 5-21, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Bernhofen, "undated". "Predicting the Factor Content of Foreign Trade: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 07/11, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Yong-Seok Choi & Pravin Krishna, 2004.
"The Factor Content of Bilateral Trade: An Empirical Test,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(4), pages 887-914, August.
- Yong_Seok Choi & Pravin Krishna, 2000. "The Factor Content of Bilateral Trade:an Empirical Test," Working Papers 2000-11, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Richard A. Brecher & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 1993.
"Some Empirical Support for the Heckscher-Ohlin Model of Production,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 272-285, May.
- Richard Brecher & Eshan Choudhri, 1992. "Some Empirical Support for the Heckscher-Ohlin Model of Production," Carleton Economic Papers 92-08, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Ethier, Wilfred J., 1984. "Higher dimensional issues in trade theory," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 131-184 Elsevier.
- Daniel M. Bernhofen & John C. Brown, 2004. "A Direct Test of the Theory of Comparative Advantage: The Case of Japan," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(1), pages 48-67, February.
- Daniel M. Bernhofen, "undated". "On the Magic Behind David Ricardo's Four Mystical Numbers," Discussion Papers 07/02, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Selten, Reinhard, 1991. "Properties of a measure of predictive success," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 153-167, April.
- Deardorff, Alan V, 1980. "The General Validity of the Law of Comparative Advantage," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(5), pages 941-957, October.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984. "The Factor Content of Foreign Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 84-94, March.
- J. Peter Neary & Albert G. Schweinberger, 1986.
"Factor Content Functions and the Theory of International Trade,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 421-432.
- Neary, J Peter & Schweinberger, Albert G, 1984. "Factor Content Functions and the Theory of International Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 3, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Choudhri, Ehsan U., 1982. "The factor content of international trade without factor-price equalization," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 277-283, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Bernhofen & Raymond Riezman, 2009. "Introduction: ‘New directions in international trade theory’," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 41(1), pages 1-3, October.
- Kazuhiro Kurose & Naoki Yoshihara, 2018. "The Heckscherâ€”Ohlinâ€”Samuelson Trade Theory and the Cambridge Capital Controversies: On the Validity of Factor Price Equalisation Theorem," Working Papers SDES-2018-17, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Nov 2018.
- Kurose, Kazuhiro & Yoshihara, Naoki, 2018. "The Heckscher—Ohlin—Samuelson Trade Theory and the Cambridge Capital Controversies: On the Validity of Factor Price Equalisation Theorem," Discussion Paper Series 686, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Zhong, Weiqiong & An, Haizhong & Shen, Lei & Dai, Tao & Fang, Wei & Gao, Xiangyun & Dong, Di, 2017. "Global pattern of the international fossil fuel trade: The evolution of communities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 260-270.
- Demmou Lilas, 2009. "Déterminants et nature des spécialisations Nord-Sud : quelques enseignements tirés de la littérature empirique," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 119(1), pages 71-94.
More about this item
KeywordsPredictability; pattern of trade; neoclassical model;
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notgep:08/24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Hughes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgnotuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.