High-Growth Firms: What is the Impact of Region-Specific Characteristics?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bjuggren, Carl Magnus & Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Johansson, Dan, 2010. "Ownership and High-Growth Firms," Ratio Working Papers 147, The Ratio Institute, revised 29 Sep 2010.
- Acs, Zoltan J. & Armington, Catherine, 2004.
"The impact of geographic differences in human capital on service firm formation rates,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 244-278, September.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Catherine Armington, 2004. "The Impact of Geographic Differences in Human Capital on Service Firm Formation Rates," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-15, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- David B. Audretsch & Dirk Dohse, 2007. "Location: A Neglected Determinant of Firm Growth," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(1), pages 79-107, April.
- Natália Barbosa & Vasco Eiriz, 2011. "Regional Variation of Firm Size and Growth: The Portuguese Case," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 125-158, June.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Catherine Armington & Ting Zhang, 2015.
"The determinants of new-firm survival across regional economies: The role of human capital stock and knowledge spillover,"
Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 18, pages 344-368
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Catherine Armington & Ting Zhang, 2007. "The determinants of new-firm survival across regional economies: The role of human capital stock and knowledge spillover," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 367-391, August.
- Catherine Armington & Zoltan Acs, 2002. "The Determinants of Regional Variation in New Firm Formation," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 33-45.
- Barringer, Bruce R. & Jones, Foard F. & Neubaum, Donald O., 2005. "A quantitative content analysis of the characteristics of rapid-growth firms and their founders," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 663-687, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José Miguel Giner & María Jesús Santa-María & Antonio Fuster, 2017. "High-growth firms: does location matter?," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 75-96, March.
- Besnik A. Krasniqi & Sameeksha Desai, 2016. "Institutional drivers of high-growth firms: country-level evidence from 26 transition economies," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 1075-1094, December.
- Patrycja Grinberger & Natalia Nehrebecka, 2015. "Determinants of firm’s growth: empirical study of Polish listed companies," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 43.
More about this item
Keywordshigh-growth firms; region-specific characteristics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2013-12-15 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SBM-2013-12-15 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nip:nipewp:19/2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria João Thompson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nipampt.html .