The Pace of PACE at the Environmental Protection Agency
The Pollution Abatement Costs and Expenditures (PACE) Survey provides the only comprehensive source of data on polluation costs by manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Collected historically by the Bureau of Census until 1994, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) National Center for Environmental Economics initiated an agreement with the Bureau of Census to reinstitute the survey with the collection of 1999 data. This paper provides a brief history of the survey, including uses of the data by the EPA. We then discuss the issues we encountered with regard to scope and measurement concerns when redesigning the 1999 survey. The paper concludes with thoughts regarding the future direction of the PACE survey at the EPA.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2003|
|Date of revision:||Aug 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20460|
Web page: https://yosemite.epa.gov/ee/epa/eed.nsf/webpages/homepage
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berman, E. & Bui, L.T., 1997.
"Environmental Regulation and Labor demand: Evidence from the South Coast Air Basin,"
82, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Berman, Eli & Bui, Linda T. M., 2001. "Environmental regulation and labor demand: evidence from the South Coast Air Basin," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 265-295, February.
- Eli Berman & Linda T. Bui, 1997. "Environmental Regulation and Labor Demand: Evidence from the South Coast Air Basin," Papers 0082, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Satish Joshi & Ranjani Krishnan & Lester Lave, 2002. "Estimating the Hidden Costs of Environmental Regulation," Working Papers 02-10, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Krupnick, Alan & Pizer, William & Morgenstern, Richard & Shih, Jhih-Shyang, 2001. "Workshop Report: Pollution Abatement Costs and Expenditures (PACE) Survey Design for 2000 and Beyond," Discussion Papers dp-01-09, Resources For the Future.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nev:wpaper:wp200307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cynthia Morgan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.