Banks as Social Accountants and Screening Devices for the Allocation of Credit
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1974. "Incentives and Risk Sharing in Sharecropping," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 219-255.
- Blinder, Alan S & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1983. "Money, Credit Constraints, and Economic Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 297-302, May.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1987. "The Causes and Consequences of the Dependence of Quality on Price," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Friedman, Milton, 1971. "A Monetary Theory of Nominal Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(2), pages 323-337, March-Apr.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- Leland, Hayne E & Pyle, David H, 1977.
"Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 371-387, May.
- Hayne E. Leland and David H. Pyle., 1976. "Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 41, University of California at Berkeley.
- Ordover, Janusz & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Information and the Law: Evaluating Legal Restrictions on Competitive Contracts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 399-404, May.
- Jonathan Eaton & Mark Gersovitz & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1991.
"The Pure Theory of Country Risk,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 391-435
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kletzer, Kenneth M, 1984. "Asymmetries of Information and LDC Borrowing with Sovereign Risk," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(374), pages 287-307, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dirk Bezemer, 2012. "Credit cycles," Chapters,in: Handbook of Critical Issues in Finance, chapter 10, pages i-ii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lino Sau, 2012. "Evolution of China's financial system and its impact on economic development," International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1), pages 1-15.
- Hyytinen, Ari, 2003. "Information production and lending market competition," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 233-253.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Alberto Zazzaro, 1998. "A 'possibilist' approach to regional banking systems and financial integration: The Italian experience," ERSA conference papers ersa98p132, European Regional Science Association.
- Gerhard Clemenz & Mona Ritthaler, 1992. "Credit markets with asymmetric information : a survey," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 12-26, Spring.
- Lucchetti, Riccardo & Papi, Luca & Zazzaro, Alberto, 2001.
"Banks' Inefficiency and Economic Growth: A Micro-Macro Approach,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(4), pages 400-424, September.
- Riccardo Lucchetti & Luca Papi & Alberto Zazzaro, 2000. "Banks' inefficiency and economic growth: a micro-macro approach," Heterogeneity and monetary policy 0004, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- Riccardo Lucchetti & Luca Papi & Alberto Zazzaro, 2001. "Banks´ Inefficiency and Economic Growth A Micro-Macro Approach," Development Working Papers 153, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Bertocco Giancarlo, 2003. "The economics of financing firms: the role of banks," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0312, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Lino Sau, 2013.
"Instability and Crisis in Financial Complex Systems,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 496-511, July.
- Sau Lino, 2010. "Instability and crisis in financial complex systems," CESMEP Working Papers 201001, University of Turin.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Haizhi Wang & Mingming Zhou, 2009.
"Do better institutions improve bank efficiency? Evidence from a transitional economy,"
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(2), pages 107-127, January.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Wang, Haizhi & Zhou, Mingming, 2008. "Do better institutions improve bank efficiency? : evidence from a transitional economy," BOFIT Discussion Papers 28/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Steven Ongena, 1999. "Lending Relationships, Bank Default and Economic Activity," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 257-280.
- Bertocco Giancarlo, 2004. "Are banks really special? A note on the theory of financial intermediaries," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf04021, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Mornati, Fiorenzo & Becchio, Giandomenica & Marchionatti, Roberto & Cassata, Francesco, 2009. ""Quando l'economica italiana non era seconda a nessuno" Luigi Einaudi e la Scuola di Economia a Torino," CESMEP Working Papers 200910, University of Turin.
- Giancarlo Bertocco, 2007.
"The characteristics of a monetary economy: a Keynes--Schumpeter approach,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 101-122, January.
- Bertocco Giancarlo, 2003. "The characteristics of a monetary economy: a Keynes-Schumpeter approach," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0311, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Petar Peshev, 2014. "Credit dynamics in Central and Eastern Europe," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 37-58,59-79.
- Federico Ferretti, 2007. "Consumer credit information systems: a critical review of the literature. Too little attention paid by Lawyers?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 71-88, February.
- Riccardo LUCCHETTI & Luca PAPI & Alberto ZAZZARO, 1999. "Efficienza del sistema bancario e crescita economica nelle regioni italiane," Working Papers 121, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- SAU, Lino, 2007.
"New Pecking Order Financing for Innovative Firms: an Overview,"
3659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sau Lino, 2007. "New Pecking Order Financing for Innovative Firms: an Overview," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200702, University of Turin.
- Messori, Marcello, 2014. "A Schumpeterian analysis of the credit market," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 43-59.
- Mervyn K. Lewis, 1992. "Modern Banking in Theory and Practice," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 43(2), pages 203-228.
- Hyytinen, Ari, 2001. "Information Production, Banking Competition and the Market Structure of the Banking Industry," Discussion Papers 749, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Sau Lino, 2009. "Gradualism and the Evolution of the Financial Structure in China," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200903, University of Turin.
- Lee, Jaewoo, 1996. "Financial development by learning," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 147-164, June.
- Chen Lin & Yue Ma & Frank M. Song, 2012. "What Drives Bank Operating Efficiency? The Role of Bank Competition and Credit Information Sharing," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:2710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.