The Mother of All Sudden Stops: Capital Flows and Reversals in Europe, 1919-32
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Olivier Accominotti & Barry Eichengreen, 2016. "The mother of all sudden stops: capital flows and reversals in Europe, 1919–32," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 69(2), pages 469-492, May.
- Accominotti, Olivier & Eichengreen, Barry, 2016. "The mother of all sudden stops: capital flows and reversals in Europe, 1919-32," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84308, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carter,Susan B. & Gartner,Scott Sigmund & Haines,Michael R. & Olmstead,Alan L. & Sutch,Richard & Wri (ed.), 2006. "The Historical Statistics of the United States 5 Volume Hardback Set," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521817912, December.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Flandreau, Marc, 2009.
"The rise and fall of the dollar (or when did the dollar replace sterling as the leading reserve currency?),"
European Review of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 377-411, December.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Flandreau, Marc, 2008. "The Rise and Fall of the Dollar, or When did the Dollar Replace Sterling as the Leading Reserve Currency?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6869, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J. Boeckx, 2012. "What is the role played by the Eurosystem during the financial crisis ?," Economic Review, National Bank of Belgium, issue ii, pages 7-28, September.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1996.
"Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195101133.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1992. "Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number eich92-1, July.
- Flandreau, Marc & Gaillard, Norbert & Packer, Frank, 2011. "To err is human: US rating agencies and the interwar foreign government debt crisis," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 495-538, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:aea:aecrev:v:107:y:2017:i:7:p:1904-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- George Chouliarakis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2014. "Deja vu? The Greek crisis experience, the 2010s versus the 1930s. Lessons from history," Working Papers 176, Bank of Greece.
- Macher, Flora, 2018. "The Austrian banking crisis of 1931: one bad apple spoils the whole bunch," Economic History Working Papers 87151, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Claudio Borio & Harold James & Hyun Song Shin, 2014. "The international monetary and financial system: a capital account historical perspective," BIS Working Papers 457, Bank for International Settlements.
- Philippe Martin & Thomas Philippon, 2017.
"Inspecting the Mechanism: Leverage and the Great Recession in the Eurozone,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(7), pages 1904-1937, July.
- Philippe Martin & Thomas Philippon, 2014. "Inspecting the Mechanism Leverage and the Great Recession in the Eurozone," Sciences Po publications 2014-16, Sciences Po.
- Martin, Philippe & Philippon, Thomas, 2014. "Inspecting the Mechanism: Leverage and the Great Recession in the Eurozone," CEPR Discussion Papers 10189, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Martin & Thomas Philippon, 2017. "Inspecting the Mechanism: Leverage and the Great Recession in the Eurozone," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/59bp0vqv2b8, Sciences Po.
- Philippe Martin & Thomas Philippon, 2014. "Inspecting the Mechanism: Leverage and the Great Recession in the Eurozone," NBER Working Papers 20572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Martin & Thomas Philippon, 2014. "Inspecting the Mechanism Leverage and the Great Recession in the Eurozone," Sciences Po Economics Discussion Papers 2014-16, Sciences Po Departement of Economics.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Jung, Naeun & Moch, Stephen & Mody, Ashoka, 2014.
"The Eurozone Crisis: Phoenix Miracle or Lost Decade?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 288-308.
- Barry Eichengreen & Naeun Jung & Stephen Moch & Ashoka Mody, 2013. "The eurozone crisis: phoenix miracle or lost decade?," Special Conference Papers 25, Bank of Greece.
- Fratianni, Michele & Giri, Federico, 2017.
"The tale of two great crises,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 5-31.
- Fratianni, Michele & Giri, Federico, 2015. "The tale of two great crises," FinMaP-Working Papers 51, Collaborative EU Project FinMaP - Financial Distortions and Macroeconomic Performance: Expectations, Constraints and Interaction of Agents.
- Michele Fratianni & Federico Giri, 2015. "The Tale of Two Great Crises," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 117, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- repec:bla:ehsrev:v:71:y:2018:i:2:p:480-505 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:reveco:v:59:y:2019:i:c:p:522-547 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rakesh Mohan & Muneesh Kapur, 2014. "Monetary Policy Coordination and the Role of Central Banks," IMF Working Papers 14/70, International Monetary Fund.
- Gregori Galofré-Vilà & Christopher M. Meissner & Martin McKee & David Stuckler, 2017. "Austerity and the rise of the Nazi party," NBER Working Papers 24106, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:56:y:2018:i:c:p:92-98 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- F0 - International Economics - - General
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- N0 - Economic History - - General
- N14 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-11-02 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-OPM-2013-11-02 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19580. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.