Household Finance: Education, Permanent Income and Portfolio Choice
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Annette Vissing-Jorgensen, 2002. "Towards an Explanation of Household Portfolio Choice Heterogeneity: Nonfinancial Income and Participation Cost Structures," NBER Working Papers 8884, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Starr-McCluer, Martha, 1996. "Health Insurance and Precautionary Savings," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 285-295, March.
- Philippe Weil, 1990. "Nonexpected Utility in Macroeconomics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 29-42.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jessica A. Wachter & Motohiro Yogo, 2010.
"Why Do Household Portfolio Shares Rise in Wealth?,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(11), pages 3929-3965, November.
- Motohiro Yogo & Jessica Wachter, 2007. "Why do Household Portfolio Shares Rise in Wealth?," 2007 Meeting Papers 929, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jessica A. Wachter & Motohiro Yogo, 2010. "Why Do Household Portfolio Shares Rise in Wealth?," NBER Working Papers 16316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James P. Smith, 2003. "Trends and Projections in Income Replacement during Retirement," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(4), pages 755-782, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kosuke Aoki & Alexander Michaelides & Kalin Nikolov, 2016. "Household Portfolios in a Secular Stagnation World: Evidence from Japan," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 16-E-4, Bank of Japan.
- Urvi Neelakantan & Felicia Ionescu & Kartik Athreya, 2015. "Learn Now, Save Later: College and Household Portfolios," 2015 Meeting Papers 804, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Kassenboehmer, Sonja C. & Sinning, Mathias G., 2016.
"Locus of control and savings,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 113-130.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Kassenboehmer, Sonja C. & Sinning, Mathias G., 2013. "Locus of Control and Savings," Ruhr Economic Papers 455, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Kassenboehmer, Sonja C. & Sinning, Mathias, 2013. "Locus of Control and Savings," IZA Discussion Papers 7837, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Sonja C. Kassenboehmer & Mathias G. Sinning, 2014. "Locus of Control and Savings," Discussion Papers Series 498, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Sonja C. Kassenboehmer & Mathias G. Sinning, 2013. "Locus of Control and Savings," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2013n42, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Russell Cooper & Guozhong Zhu, 2016.
"Household Finance over the Life-Cycle: What does Education Contribute?,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 20, pages 63-89, April.
- Russell Cooper & Guozhong Zhu, 2014. "Household Finance over the Life-Cycle: What does Education Contribute?," NBER Working Papers 20684, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2013-09-26 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-EDU-2013-09-26 (Education)
- NEP-MAC-2013-09-26 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .