Report NEP-EDU-2013-09-26This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Dennis Epple & Richard Romano & Sinan Sarpça & Holger Sieg, 2013. "The U.S. Market for Higher Education: A General Equilibrium Analysis of State and Private Colleges and Public Funding Policies," NBER Working Papers 19298, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xinxin Chen & Yaojiang Shi & Hongmei Yi & Linxiu Zhang & Di Mo & James Chu & Prashant Loyalka & Scott Rozelle, 2013. "The impact of a senior high school tuition relief program on poor junior high schoolstudents in rural China," Working Papers PIERI 2013-03, PEP-PIERI.
- Karthik Muralidharan & Ketki Sheth, 2013. "Bridging Education Gender Gaps in Developing Countries: The Role of Female Teachers," NBER Working Papers 19341, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Caroline, 2013. "Does more general education reduce the risk of future unemployment? Evidence from labor market experiences during the Great Recession," Working Paper Series, Center for Labor Studies 2013:10, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Tatiana Klyachko, 2013. "Key Trends in Russia's Education System: Results of 2012," Published Papers 162, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2013.
- Kalb, Guyonne & van Ours, Jan C, 2013. "Reading to young children: a head-start in life?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9485, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raj Chetty & John N. Friedman & Jonah E. Rockoff, 2013. "Measuring the Impacts of Teachers I: Evaluating Bias in Teacher Value-Added Estimates," NBER Working Papers 19423, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicole M. Fortin & Philip Oreopoulos & Shelley Phipps, 2013. "Leaving Boys Behind: Gender Disparities in High Academic Achievement," NBER Working Papers 19331, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rulof P Burger & Francis J Teal, 2013. "Measuring the option value of education," Working Papers 15/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Fernandes, Ana & Ferreira, Priscila & Winters, L. Alan, 2013. "Firm Entry Deregulation, Competition and Returns to Education and Skill," CEPR Discussion Papers 9550, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krishnan, Pramila & Krutikova, Sofya, 2013. "Non-cognitive skill formation in poor neighbourhoods of urban India," CEPR Discussion Papers 9540, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Russell Cooper & Guozhong Zhu, 2013. "Household Finance: Education, Permanent Income and Portfolio Choice," NBER Working Papers 19455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric V. Edmonds & Maheshwor Shrestha, 2013. "You Get What You Pay For: Schooling Incentives and Child Labor," NBER Working Papers 19279, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joan Llull, 2013. "Immigration, Wages, and Education: A Labor Market Equilibrium Structural Model," Working Papers 711, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Mónica Benito & Rosario Romera, 2013. "How to boost the PHD labour market? : facts from the PHD system side," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws132824, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.