Estimation and Evaluation of DSGE Models: Progress and Challenges
Estimated dynamic stochastic equilibrium (DSGE) models are now widely used for empirical research in macroeconomics as well as for quantitative policy analysis and forecasting at central banks around the world. This paper reviews recent advances in the estimation and evaluation of DSGE models, discusses current challenges, and provides avenues for future research.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2011|
|Publication status:||published as “Estimation and Evaluation of DSGE Models: Progress and Challenges.” Forthcoming in: D. Acemoglu, M. Arellano, and E. Deckel (eds .): “Advances in Economics and Econometrics: Theory and Applications, Tenth World Congress,” Vol 3 , 2 013, Cambridge University Press , 184 - 230.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.|
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José-Víctor Ríos-Rull & Frank Schorfheide & Cristina Fuentes-Albero & Maxym Kryshko & Raül Santaeulàlia-Llopis, 2009.
"Methods versus Substance: Measuring the Effects of Technology Shocks on Hours,"
NBER Working Papers
15375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuentes-Albero, Cristina & Kryshko, Maxym & Ríos-Rull, José-Víctor & Santaeulàlia-Llopis, Raül & Schorfheide, Frank, 2009. "Methods versus Substance: Measuring the Effects of Technology Shocks on Hours," CEPR Discussion Papers 7474, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- José-Víctor Ríos-Rull & Frank Schorfheide & Cristina Fuentes-Albero & Raul Santaeulalia-Llopis & Maxym Kryshko, 2009. "Methods versus substance: measuring the effects of technology shocks on hours," Staff Report 433, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Guerron-Quintana, Pablo A. & Inoue, Atsushi & Kilian, Lutz, 2009.
"Frequentist Inference in Weakly Identified DSGE Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7447, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pablo Guerron-Quintana & Atsushi Inoue & Lutz Kilian, 2009. "Frequentist inference in weakly identified DSGE models," Working Papers 09-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16781. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.