Measuring the Compactness of Political Districting Plans
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roland G. Fryer Jr. & Richard Holden, 2011. "Measuring the Compactness of Political Districting Plans," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(3), pages 493-535.
- Fryer, Roland Gerhard & Holden, Richard, 2011. "Measuring the Compactness of Political Districting Plans," Scholarly Articles 13456931, Harvard University Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:67:y:1973:i:03:p:947-950_14 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Quoc-Anh Do & Filipe R. Campante, 2009. "Keeping Dictators Honest: the Role of Population Concentration," Working Papers 01-2009, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Stephen Coate & Brian Knight, 2007.
"Socially Optimal Districting: A Theoretical and Empirical Exploration,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(4), pages 1409-1471.
- Coate, Stephen & Knight, Brian, 2007. "Socially Optimal Districting: A Theoretical and Empirical Exploration," Working Papers 07-06, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Quoc-Anh Doy & Filipe R. Campante, 2009. "Keeping Dictators Honest : the Role of Population Concentration," Governance Working Papers 22076, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Filipe R. Campante & Quoc-Anh Do, 2010. "A Centered Index of Spatial Concentration: Expected Influence Approach," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7t0dp4mp828, Sciences Po.
- Chambers, Christopher P. & Miller, Alan D., 2013. "Measuring legislative boundaries," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 268-275.
More about this item
- H70 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - General
- K19 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2007-10-06 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-LAW-2007-10-06 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-POL-2007-10-06 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:13456. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.