Report NEP-POL-2007-10-06This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Adi Brender & Allan Drazen, 2007. "Why is Economic Policy Different in New Democracies? Affecting Attitudes About Democracy," NBER Working Papers 13457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bezemer, Dirk & Jong-A-Pin, Richard, 2007. "World on Fire? Democracy, Globalization and Ethnic Violence," Research Report 07006, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Vítor Castro, 2007. "The Causes of Excessive Deficits in the European Union," NIPE Working Papers 13/2007, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Roland G. Fryer, Jr & Richard T. Holden, 2007. "Measuring the Compactness of Political Districting Plans," NBER Working Papers 13456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gersbach, Hans, 2007. "Vote-share Contracts and Democracy," CEPR Discussion Papers 6497, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rajashri Chakrabarti & Joydeep Roy, 2007. "Effect of redrawing of political boundaries on voting patterns: evidence from state reorganization in India," Staff Reports 301, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Manuel Couret Branco, 2007. "Economics Against Democracy," Economics Working Papers 03_2007, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Carney, Richard, 2007. "Farmers and Capitalism," MPRA Paper 5148, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rodolphe Desbordes & Vincent Vicard, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment and Bilateral Investment Treaties an International Political Perspective," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne bla07045, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Donna Harris, 2007. "Bonding Social Capital and Corruption: A Cross-National Empirical Analysis," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 27.2007, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2007.
- Kristina Babich & Daniel Béland, 2007. "Creating the Canada/Quebec Pension Plans: An Historical and Political Analysis," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 223, McMaster University.