School Quality and the Black-White Achievement Gap
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard J. Murnane, 1981. "Teacher Mobility Revisited," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 16(1), pages 3-19.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacob Vigdor & Jens Ludwig, 2007. "Segregation and the Black-White Test Score Gap," NBER Working Papers 12988, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy N. Bond & Kevin Lang, 2013.
"The Evolution of the Black-White Test Score Gap in Grades K–3: The Fragility of Results,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1468-1479, December.
- Timothy N. Bond & Kevin Lang, 2012. "The Evolution of the Black-White Test Score Gap in Grades K-3: The Fragility of Results," NBER Working Papers 17960, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Murphy & Felix Weinhardt, 2014.
"Top of the Class: The Importance of Ordinal Rank,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4815, CESifo Group Munich.
- Weinhardt, Felix & Murphy, Richard, 2016. "Top of the Class: The Importance of Ordinal Rank," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145626, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Andrew Leigh & Xiaodong Gong, 2009.
"Estimating cognitive gaps between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 239-261.
- Andrew Leigh & Xiaodong Gong, 2008. "Estimating Cognitive Gaps Between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Australians," CEPR Discussion Papers 578, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- John P. Papay & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 2008. "The Consequences of High School Exit Examinations for Struggling Low-Income Urban Students: Evidence from Massachusetts," NBER Working Papers 14186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bethany Everett & David Rehkopf & Richard Rogers, 2013. "The Nonlinear Relationship Between Education and Mortality: An Examination of Cohort, Race/Ethnic, and Gender Differences," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 32(6), pages 893-917, December.
- Karachiwalla, Naureen, 2013. "A teacher unlike me: Social distance, learning, and intergenerational mobility in developing countries," MPRA Paper 64439, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 May 2015.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin, 2009.
"Harming the best: How schools affect the black-white achievement gap,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(3), pages 366-393.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin, 2008. "Harming the Best: How Schools Affect the Black-White Achievement Gap," NBER Working Papers 14211, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dionissi Aliprantis & Daniel R. Carroll, 2012.
"Neighborhood dynamics and the distribution of opportunity,"
1212, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 01 Feb 2013.
- Aliprantis, Dionissi & Carroll, Daniel, 2015. "Neighborhood Dynamics and the Distribution of Opportunity," Working Paper 1525, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 01 Mar 2012.
- Simon Burgess & Deborah Wilson & Adam Briggs & Anete Piebalga, 2008. "Segregation and the Attainment of Minority Ethnic Pupils in England," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/204, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Jennifer Montez & Robert Hummer & Mark Hayward, 2012. "Educational Attainment and Adult Mortality in the United States: A Systematic Analysis of Functional Form," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(1), pages 315-336, February.
- Peter Arcidiacono & Esteban Aucejo & Ken Spenner, 2012. "What happens after enrollment? An analysis of the time path of racial differences in GPA and major choice," IZA Journal of Labor Economics, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Richard J. Murnane, 2008. "Educating Urban Children," NBER Working Papers 13791, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Murphy & Felix Weinhardt, 2013. "The Importance of Rank Position," CEP Discussion Papers dp1241, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- McDonough, Ian K., 2015. "Dynamics of the black–white gap in academic achievement," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 17-33.
- Nielsen, Eric, 2015. "Achievement Gap Estimates and Deviations from Cardinal Comparability," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-40, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Nielsen, Eric, 2015. "The Income-Achievement Gap and Adult Outcome Inequality," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-41, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2006-11-18 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2006-11-18 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2006-11-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2006-11-18 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PBE-2006-11-18 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-11-18 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:12651. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .