School Quality and the Black-White Achievement Gap
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard J. Murnane, 1981. "Teacher Mobility Revisited," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 16(1), pages 3-19.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacob Vigdor & Jens Ludwig, 2007. "Segregation and the Black-White Test Score Gap," NBER Working Papers 12988, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy N. Bond & Kevin Lang, 2013.
"The Evolution of the Black-White Test Score Gap in Grades K–3: The Fragility of Results,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1468-1479, December.
- Timothy N. Bond & Kevin Lang, 2012. "The Evolution of the Black-White Test Score Gap in Grades K-3: The Fragility of Results," NBER Working Papers 17960, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Murphy & Felix Weinhardt, 2014.
"Top of the Class: The Importance of Ordinal Rank,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4815, CESifo Group Munich.
- Weinhardt, Felix & Murphy, Richard, 2016. "Top of the Class: The Importance of Ordinal Rank," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145626, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Andrew Leigh & Xiaodong Gong, 2009.
"Estimating cognitive gaps between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 239-261.
- Andrew Leigh & Xiaodong Gong, 2008. "Estimating Cognitive Gaps Between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Australians," CEPR Discussion Papers 578, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- John P. Papay & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 2008. "The Consequences of High School Exit Examinations for Struggling Low-Income Urban Students: Evidence from Massachusetts," NBER Working Papers 14186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bethany Everett & David Rehkopf & Richard Rogers, 2013. "The Nonlinear Relationship Between Education and Mortality: An Examination of Cohort, Race/Ethnic, and Gender Differences," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 32(6), pages 893-917, December.
- Karachiwalla, Naureen, 2013. "A teacher unlike me: Social distance, learning, and intergenerational mobility in developing countries," MPRA Paper 64439, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 May 2015.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin, 2009.
"Harming the best: How schools affect the black-white achievement gap,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(3), pages 366-393.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin, 2008. "Harming the Best: How Schools Affect the Black-White Achievement Gap," NBER Working Papers 14211, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dionissi Aliprantis & Daniel R. Carroll, 2012.
"Neighborhood dynamics and the distribution of opportunity,"
1212, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 01 Feb 2013.
- Aliprantis, Dionissi & Carroll, Daniel, 2015. "Neighborhood Dynamics and the Distribution of Opportunity," Working Paper 1525, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 01 Mar 2012.
- Simon Burgess & Deborah Wilson & Adam Briggs & Anete Piebalga, 2008. "Segregation and the Attainment of Minority Ethnic Pupils in England," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/204, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Jennifer Montez & Robert Hummer & Mark Hayward, 2012. "Educational Attainment and Adult Mortality in the United States: A Systematic Analysis of Functional Form," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(1), pages 315-336, February.
- Peter Arcidiacono & Esteban Aucejo & Ken Spenner, 2012. "What happens after enrollment? An analysis of the time path of racial differences in GPA and major choice," IZA Journal of Labor Economics, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Richard J. Murnane, 2008. "Educating Urban Children," NBER Working Papers 13791, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Murphy & Felix Weinhardt, 2013. "The Importance of Rank Position," CEP Discussion Papers dp1241, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- McDonough, Ian K., 2015. "Dynamics of the black–white gap in academic achievement," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 17-33.
- Nielsen, Eric, 2015. "Achievement Gap Estimates and Deviations from Cardinal Comparability," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-40, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Nielsen, Eric, 2015. "The Income-Achievement Gap and Adult Outcome Inequality," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-41, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2006-11-18 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2006-11-18 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2006-11-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2006-11-18 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PBE-2006-11-18 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-11-18 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:12651. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.