Inflation and the Benefits from Owner-Occupied Housing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F, 1975. "Short-Term Interest Rates as Predictors of Inflation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 269-282, June.
- Levi, Maurice D & Makin, John H, 1978.
"Anticipated Inflation and Interest Rates: Further Interpretation of Findings on the Fisher Equation,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(5), pages 801-812, December.
- Maurice D. Levi & John H. Makin, 1976. "Anticipated inflation and interest rates: further interpretation of findings on the Fisher equation," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue 1, pages 34-66.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patric H. Hendershott, 1979. "The Decline in Aggregate Share Values: Inflation, Taxation, Risk and Profitability," NBER Working Papers 0370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Poterba, 1980. "Inflation, Income Taxes, and Owner-Occupied Housing," NBER Working Papers 0553, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Milton Friedman & A. W. Clausen, 1980. "Postwar Changes in the American Financial Markets," NBER Chapters, in: The American Economy in Transition, pages 9-100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1980.
"Tax Rules and the Mismanagment of Monetary Policy,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 182-186, May.
- Martin Feldstean, 1980. "Tax Rules and the Mismanagement of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 0422, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein, 1982. "Inflation, Capital Taxation, and Monetary Policy," NBER Chapters, in: Inflation: Causes and Effects, pages 153-168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein, 1983.
"Inflation, Tax Rules, and the Stock Market,"
NBER Chapters, in: Inflation, Tax Rules, and Capital Formation, pages 199-220,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein, 1983. "Should Private Pensions Be Indexed?," NBER Chapters, in: Financial Aspects of the United States Pension System, pages 211-230, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1980. "Postwar Changes in the American Financial Markets," NBER Working Papers 0458, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas B. Diamond, 1980. "Taxes, Inflation, Speculation and the Cost of Homeownership," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 8(3), pages 281-298, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anari, Ali & Kolari, James, 2016. "Dynamics of interest and inflation rates," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 129-144.
- Richard Hartman & John H. Makin, 1982. "Inflation Uncertainty and Interest Rates: Theory and Empirical Tests," NBER Working Papers 0906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John H. Makin, 1981. "Real Interest, Money Surprises and Anticipated Inflation," NBER Working Papers 0818, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S, Surayya, 2018. "Alternative Specifications of Fisher Hypothesis: An Empirical Investigation," MPRA Paper 90320, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John H. Makin & Vito Tanzi, 1983. "The Level and Volatility of Interest Rates in the United States: The Roles of Expected Inflation, Real Rates, and Taxes," NBER Working Papers 1167, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Herwartz, Helmut & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 2006. "Modelling the Fisher hypothesis: World wide evidence," Economics Working Papers 2006-04, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Akosah, Nana Kwame & Alagidede, Imhotep Paul & Schaling, Eric, 2020. "Testing for asymmetry in monetary policy rule for small-open developing economies: Multiscale Bayesian quantile evidence from Ghana," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 22(C).
- Berlemann, Michael & Elzemann, Jorg, 2006. "Are expectations on inflation and election outcomes connected? An empirical analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 354-359, June.
- V. Vance Roley & Carl E. Walsh, 1985.
"Monetary Policy Regimes, Expected Inflation, and the Response of Interest Rates to Money Announcements,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(Supplemen), pages 1011-1039.
- V. Vance Roley & Carl E. Walsh, 1983. "Monetary Policy Regimes, Expected Inflation, and the Response of Interest Rates to Money Announcements," NBER Working Papers 1181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Graham Elliott & Ivana Komunjer & Allan Timmermann, 2008.
"Biases in Macroeconomic Forecasts: Irrationality or Asymmetric Loss?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(1), pages 122-157, March.
- Allan Timmermann & Graham Elliott & Ivana Komunjer, 2004. "Biases in Macroeconomic Forecasts: Irrationality or Asymmetric Loss?," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 601, Econometric Society.
- Graham Elliott & Ivana Komunjer & Allan Timmermann, 2005. "Biases In Macroeconomic Forecasts: Irrationality Or Asymmetric Loss?," CAMA Working Papers 2005-14, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Sellin, Peter, 1998. "Monetary Policy and the Stock Market: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Working Paper Series 72, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Beaulieu, Marie-Claude, 1995. "Rendements boursiers et inflation," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 71(4), pages 455-480, décembre.
- Utku ALTUNÖZ, 2018. "Investigating the Presence of Fisher Effect for the China Economy," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 26(35).
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1981. "Inflation and the Valuation of Corporate Equities," NBER Working Papers 0824, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lamont, Owen A., 2001. "Economic tracking portfolios," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 161-184, November.
- Chu, Quentin C. & Pittman, Deborah N. & Yu, Linda Q., 2003. "Real rates, nominal rates, and the Fisherian link," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 189-205.
- Benati, Luca, 2015.
"The long-run Phillips curve: A structural VAR investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 15-28.
- Luca Benati, 2015. "The Long-Run Phillips Curve: A Structural VAR Investigation," 2015 Meeting Papers 929, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Manqoba Ntshakala & Laurence Harris, 2018. "The information content of the yield spread about future inflation in South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2018-63, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Škare, Marinko & Mošnja-Škare, Lorena, 2019. "Economic policy implications of the Gibson Law in the Netherlands (1800–2012)," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 926-942.
- Kate Phylaktis & David Blake, 1993. "The fisher hypothesis: Evidence from three high inflation economies," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(3), pages 591-599, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:0383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.