Estimation of the cointegrating rank in fractional cointegration
This paper proposes an estimator of the cointegrating rank of a potentially cointegrated multivariate fractional process. Our setting is very flexible, allowing the individual observable processes to have different integration orders. The proposed method is automatic and can be also employed to infer the dimensions of possible cointegrating subspaces, which are characterized by special directions in the cointegrating space which generate cointegrating errors with smaller integration orders, increasing the “achievement” of the cointegration analysis. A Monte Carlo experiment of finite sample performance and an empirical analysis are included.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Publication status:||Published in|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Campus de Arrosadía - 31006 Pamplona (Spain)|
Phone: 34 948 169340
Fax: 34 948 169 721
Web page: http://www.econ.unavarra.es
|Order Information:|| Postal: Papers are not sent in a centralized mode. You can download them with ftp, or contact the authors.|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hualde, Javier & Velasco, Carlos, 2008.
"Distribution-Free Tests Of Fractional Cointegration,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 216-255, February.
- Javier Hualde & Carlos Velasco, 2006. "Distribution-free Tests of Fractional Cointegration," Faculty Working Papers 08/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Javier Hualde & Peter Robinson, 2006. "Semiparametric Estimation of Fractional Cointegration," Faculty Working Papers 07/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Flores, Renato Jr. & Szafarz, Ariane, 1996. "An enlarged definition of cointegration," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 193-195, February.
- Renato Flôres & Ariane Szafarz, 1996. "An enlarged definition of cointegration," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/705, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Willa Chen & Clifford Hurvich, 2004. "Semiparametric Estimation of Fractional Cointegrating Subspaces," Econometrics 0412007, EconWPA.
- D Marinucci & Peter M. Robinson, 2001. "Semiparametric fractional cointegration analysis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2269, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robinson, P.M., 2008. "Diagnostic testing for cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 206-225, March.
- Marinucci, D. & Robinson, P. M., 2001. "Semiparametric fractional cointegration analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 225-247, November.
- D Marinucci & Peter M Robinson, 2001. "Semiparametric Fractional Cointegration Analysis," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 420, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nav:ecupna:1205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Javier Puértolas)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.