The Hessian Method (Highly Efficient State Smoothing, In a Nutshell)
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- McCAUSLAND, William, 2008. "The Hessian Method (Highly Efficient State Smoothing, In a Nutshell)," Cahiers de recherche 2008-03, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geweke, John, 1989. "Bayesian Inference in Econometric Models Using Monte Carlo Integration," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1317-1339, November.
- J. Durbin & S. J. Koopman, 2000.
"Time series analysis of non‐Gaussian observations based on state space models from both classical and Bayesian perspectives,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(1), pages 3-56.
- Durbin, J. & Koopman, S.J.M., 1998. "Time Series Analysis of Non-Gaussian Observations Based on State Space Models from Both Classical and Bayesian Perspectives," Discussion Paper 1998-142, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 2002. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1998.
"Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference and Comparison with ARCH Models,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 361-393.
- Sangjoon Kim, Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, "undated". "Stochastic volatility: likelihood inference and comparison with ARCH models," Economics Papers W26, revised version of W, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard, 1994. "Stochastic volatility: likelihood inference and comparison with ARCH models," Economics Papers 3., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1996. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference And Comparison With Arch Models," Econometrics 9610002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McCAUSLAND, William J. & MILLER, Shirley & PELLETIER, Denis, 2007.
"A New Approach to Drawing States in State Space Models,"
Cahiers de recherche
07-2007, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- William J. McCausland & Shirley Miller & Denis Pelletier, 2007. "A New Approach to Drawing States in State Space Models," Working Paper Series 014, North Carolina State University, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2007.
- McCAUSLAND, William J. & MILLER, Shirley & PELLETIER, Denis, 2007. "A New Approach to Drawing States in State Space Models," Cahiers de recherche 2007-06, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Liesenfeld, Roman & Richard, Jean-Francois, 2003. "Univariate and multivariate stochastic volatility models: estimation and diagnostics," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 505-531, September.
- J. Durbin, 2002. "A simple and efficient simulation smoother for state space time series analysis," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(3), pages 603-616, August.
- Håvard Rue & Ingelin Steinsland & Sveinung Erland, 2004. "Approximating hidden Gaussian Markov random fields," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(4), pages 877-892, November.
- Richard, Jean-Francois & Zhang, Wei, 2007. "Efficient high-dimensional importance sampling," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 1385-1411, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Håvard Rue & Sara Martino & Nicolas Chopin, 2009. "Approximate Bayesian inference for latent Gaussian models by using integrated nested Laplace approximations," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(2), pages 319-392, April.
- McCausland, William J. & Miller, Shirley & Pelletier, Denis, 2011. "Simulation smoothing for state-space models: A computational efficiency analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 199-212, January.
- Chan, Joshua & Strachan, Rodney, 2012.
"Estimation in Non-Linear Non-Gaussian State Space Models with Precision-Based Methods,"
39360, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joshua Chan & Rodney Strachan, 2012. "Estimation in Non-Linear Non-Gaussian State Space Models with Precision-Based Methods," CAMA Working Papers 2012-13, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Kleppe, Tore Selland & Skaug, Hans Julius, 2012. "Fitting general stochastic volatility models using Laplace accelerated sequential importance sampling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3105-3119.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtl:montec:03-2008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdmtlca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.