A Note on Deaton's Theorem on the Undesirability of Nonuniform Excise Taxation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hellwig, Martin F., 2009. "A note on Deaton's theorem on the undesirability of nonuniform excise taxation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 186-188, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaplow, Louis, 2006.
"On the undesirability of commodity taxation even when income taxation is not optimal,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1235-1250, August.
- Louis Kaplow, 2004. "On the Undesirability of Commodity Taxation Even When Income Taxation is Not Optimal," NBER Working Papers 10407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Iván Werning, 2007. "Optimal Fiscal Policy with Redistribution," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(3), pages 925-967.
- Deaton, Angus, 1979. "Optimally uniform commodity taxes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 357-361.
- Laroque, Guy R., 2005.
"Indirect taxation is superfluous under separability and taste homogeneity: a simple proof,"
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 141-144, April.
- Guy Laroque, 2004. "Indirect Taxation is Superfluous under Separability and Taste Homogeneity : A Simple Proof," Working Papers 2004-23, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Peter J. Hammond, 1979. "Straightforward Individual Incentive Compatibility in Large Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 263-282.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Stiglitz, J. E., 1976. "The design of tax structure: Direct versus indirect taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 55-75.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boadway, Robin & Song, Zhen, 2016.
"Indirect taxes for redistribution: Should necessity goods be favored?,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 64-88.
- BOADWAY, Robin & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2011. "Indirect taxes for redistribution: should necessity goods be favored?," CORE Discussion Papers 2011066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Robin Boadway & Pierre Pestieau, 2011. "Indirect Taxes for Redistribution: Should Necessity Goods be Favored?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3667, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Traxler, 2009. "Majority Voting and the Welfare Implications of Tax Avoidance," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2009_22, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Hellwig, Martin F., 2010.
"A generalization of the Atkinson-Stiglitz (1976) theorem on the undesirability of nonuniform excise taxation,"
Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 156-158, August.
- Martin Hellwig, 2008. "A Generalization of the Atkinson-Stiglitz (1976) Theorem on the Undesirability of Nonuniform Excise Taxation," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_47, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal Excise Taxes; Atkinson-Stiglitz Theorem; Deaton's Theorem;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mpg:wpaper:2008_45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marc Martin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mppggde.html .