The Financial and Macroeconomic Implications of Banking Frictions and Banking Riskiness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin F. Hellwig, 2000.
"Financial Intermediation with Risk Aversion,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 719-742.
- Hellwig, Martin, 1998. "Financial intermediation with risk aversion," Papers 98-39, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Hellwig, Martin, 1998. "Financial Intermediation with Risk Aversion," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 98-39, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Zhixiong Zeng, 2013.
"A theory of the non-neutrality of money with banking frictions and bank recapitalization,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 52(2), pages 729-754, March.
- Zeng, Zhixiong, 2010. "A theory of the non-neutrality of money with banking frictions and bank recapitalization," MPRA Paper 24752, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zeng, Zhixiong, 2011. "A theory of the non-neutrality of money with banking frictions and bank recapitalization," MPRA Paper 33471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Ivan Png, 1989. "Optimal Auditing, Insurance, and Redistribution," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 399-415.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 1989.
"Restrictions on Financial Intermediaries and Implications for Aggregate Fluctuations: Canada and the United States 1870-1913,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1989, Volume 4, pages 303-350
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 1989. "Restrictions on financial intermediaries and implications for aggregate fluctuations: Canada and the United States, 1870-1913," Staff Report 119, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Krasa, Stefan & Villamil, Anne P, 1992. "A Theory of Optimal Bank Size," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(4), pages 725-749, October.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Williamson, Stephen D., 1986.
"Costly monitoring, financial intermediation, and equilibrium credit rationing,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 159-179, September.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 1984. "Costly Monitoring, Financial Intermediation, and Equilibrium Credit Rationing," Working Papers 583, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Cerasi, Vittoria & Daltung, Sonja, 2000. "The optimal size of a bank: Costs and benefits of diversification," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 1701-1726, October.
- Zhixiong Zeng, 2007.
"The price of size and financial market allocations,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 30(1), pages 21-48, January.
- Zhixiong Zeng, 2004. "The Price Of Size And Financial Market Allocations," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 86, Royal Economic Society.
- Stefan Krasa & Anne P. Villamil, 2000. "Optimal Contracts when Enforcement Is a Decision Variable," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(1), pages 119-134, January.
- Williamson, Stephen D, 1987. "Financial Intermediation, Business Failures, and Real Business Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(6), pages 1196-1216, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking riskiness shocks; two-sided debt contract; default effects; risk effects; financial crisis.;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-07-13 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2011-07-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2011-07-13 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:2011-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.