Preferences and Normal Goods: An Easy-to-Check Necessary and Sufficient Condition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bilancini, Ennio & Boncinelli, Leonardo, 2010. "Preferences and normal goods: An easy-to-check necessary and sufficient condition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 13-15, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alarie, Yves & Bronsard, Camille & Ouellette, Pierre, 1990.
"Preferences and normal goods: A necessary and sufficient condition,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 423-430, August.
- Alarie, Y. & Bronsard, C. & Ouellette, P., 1988. "Preferences And Normal Goods : A Necessary And Sufficient Condition," Cahiers de recherche 8815, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Alarie, Y. & Bronsard, C. & Ouellette, P., 1988. "Preferences and Normal Goods : a Necessary and Sufficient Condition," Cahiers de recherche 8815, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- John K.-H Quah, 2007. "The Comparative Statics of Constrained Optimization Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(2), pages 401-431, March.
- Leroux, Alain, 1987. "Preferences and normal goods: A sufficient condition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 192-199, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cherchye, Laurens & Demuynck, Thomas & De Rock, Bram, 2018.
"Normality of demand in a two-goods setting,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 361-382.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Thomas Demuynck, 2016. "Normality of Demand in a Two-Goods Setting," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2016-31, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Laurens Cherchye & Thomas Demuynck & Bram De Rock, 2018. "Normality of Demand in a Two-Goods Setting," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/262694, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Laurens Cherchye & Thomas Demuynck & Bram De Rock, 2016. "Normality of demand in a two-goods setting," Working Papers Department of Economics 549206, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Biederman, Daniel K., 2015. "A strictly-concave, non-spliced, Giffen-compatible utility function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 24-28.
- Lanot, Gauthier, 2016. "The Marginal Rate of Substitution and the Specification of Labour Supply Models," Umeå Economic Studies 922, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsnormal goods; bordered hessian;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mod:recent:042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demodit.html .