Some Considerations on Measuring the Progressive Principle Violations and the Potential Equity in Income Tax Systems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kakwani, Nanok C, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity: An International Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(345), pages 71-80, March.
- Simone Pellegrino & Achille Vernizzi, 2013. "On measuring violations of the progressive principle in income tax systems," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 239-245, August.
- Aronson, J Richard & Johnson, Paul & Lambert, Peter J, 1994. "Redistributive Effects and Unequal Income Tax Treatment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 262-270, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Achille Vernizzi & Edyta Mazurek, 2013. "Some Considerations on Measuring the Progressive Principle Violations and the Potential Equity in Income Tax Systems," Statistics in Transition new series, Główny Urząd Statystyczny (Polska), vol. 14(3), pages 467-486, September.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves, 1998. "Social evaluation functions, economic isolation and the Suits index of progressivity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 103-121, July.
- Luis A. Hierro & Rosario Gómez‐Álvarez & Pedro Atienza, 2014. "A Consistent Decomposition Of The Redistributive, Vertical, And Horizontal Effects Of Health Care Finance By Factor Components," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 117-121, January.
- Duclos, J.Y., 1995.
"Economic Isolation, Inequality, and the Suits Index of Progressivity,"
9510, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- DUCLOS, Jean-Yves, 1995. "Economic Isolation, Inequality, and the Suits Index of Progressivity," Cahiers de recherche 9510, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Junyi Zhu, 2014.
"Bracket Creep Revisited - with and without r > g: Evidence from Germany,"
Journal of Income Distribution, Ad libros publications inc., vol. 23(3), pages 106-158, November.
- Zhu, Junyi, 2015. "Bracket creep revisited - with and without r>g: Evidence from Germany," Discussion Papers 37/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- van Doorslaer, Eddy & Wagstaff, Adam & van der Burg, Hattem & Christiansen, Terkel & Citoni, Guido & Di Biase, Rita & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Gerfin, Mike & Gross, Lorna & Hakinnen, Unto, 1999. "The redistributive effect of health care finance in twelve OECD countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 291-313, June.
- Nolan, Matt, 2018. "Horizontal and Vertical Equity in the New Zealand Tax-Transfer System: 1988-2013," Working Paper Series 7657, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
- Adam Wagstaff & Marcel Bilger & Zurab Sajaia & Michael Lokshin, 2011. "Health Equity and Financial Protection : Streamlined Analysis with ADePT Software," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2306, July.
- Immervoll, Herwig, 2004. "Falling up the stairs: an exploration of the effects of 'bracket creep' on household incomes," EUROMOD Working Papers EM3/04, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2008.
"Redistribution, Horizontal Inequity, and Reranking: How to Measure Them Properly,"
Public Finance Review, , vol. 36(5), pages 563-587, September.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2005. "Redistribution, horizontal inequity and reranking: how to measure them properly," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2005-12, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Levy, Horacio & Nogueira, José Ricardo & Siqueira, Rozane Bezerra & Immervoll, Herwig & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2010.
"Simulating the impact of inflation on the progressivity of personal income tax in Brazil,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil), vol. 64(4), December.
- Levy, Horacio & Nogueira, José Ricardo & Bezerra de Siqueira, Rozane & Immervoll, Herwig & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2008. "Simulating the impact of inflation on the progressivity of personal income tax in Brazil," LATINMOD Working Papers Series 2008-01, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & van der Burg, Hattem & Calonge, Samuel & Christiansen, Terkel & Citoni, Guido & Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Gerfin, Mike & Gross, Lorna & Hakinnen, Unto, 1999. "Equity in the finance of health care: some further international comparisons1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 263-290, June.
- Härpfer, Marco & Cacace, Mirella & Rothgang, Heinz, 2009. "And fairness for all? Wie gerecht ist die Finanzierung im deutschen Gesundheitssystem? Eine Berechnung des Kakwani-Index auf Basis der EVS," Working papers of the ZeS 04/2009, University of Bremen, Centre for Social Policy Research (ZeS).
- Simone Pellegrino & Achille Vernizzi, 2018. "Decomposing the Redistributive Effect of Taxation to Reveal Axiom Violations," Working papers 049, Department of Economics and Statistics (Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Sociali e Matematico-Statistiche), University of Torino.
- O'Neill, D. & Van Kerm P., 2003.
"A New Approach for Analysing Income Convergence across Countries,"
Economics Department Working Paper Series
n1261003, Department of Economics, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- O'Neill, Donal & Van Kerm, Philippe, 2004. "A new approach for analysing income convergence across countries," IRISS Working Paper Series 2004-03, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Donal O'Neill & Philippe Van Kerm, 2004. "A New Approach For Analysing Income Convergence Across Countries," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 144, Royal Economic Society.
- Ivica Urban, 2016. "Impact of Taxes and Benefits on Inequality among Groups of Income Units," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 62(1), pages 120-144, March.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1997. "Progressivity, horizontal equity and reranking in health care finance: a decomposition analysis for the Netherlands," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 499-516, October.
- Flores Unzaga, Ismael Martin & Zhu, Junyi, 2014.
"Bracket Creep Revisited: Progressivity and a Solution by Adjusting the Rich Tax in Germany,"
100006, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Flores Unzaga, Ismael Martin & Zhu, Junyi, 2014. "Bracket Creep Revisited: Progressivity and a Solution by Adjusting the Rich Tax in Germany," MPRA Paper 57664, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter J. Lambert, 2004. "Income Taxation and Equity," Working Papers 2004/4, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Peter Lambert & Thor Thoresen & Runa Nesbakken, 2010.
"On the Meaning and Measurement of Redistribution in Cross-Country Comparisons,"
LIS Working papers
532, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Peter J. Lambert & Runa Nesbakken & Thor O. Thoresen, 2011. "On the meaning and measurement of redistribution in cross-country comparisons," Discussion Papers 649, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsEquity; Personal Income Tax; Progressive principle; Redistribution; Re-ranking;
All these keywords.
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2015-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: DEMM Working Papers The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask DEMM Working Papers to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.