The British privatisation programme: a long term perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James Foreman-Peck & Dorothy Manning, 1988. "How well is BT performing? An international comparison of telecommunications total factor productivity," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 9(3), pages 54-67, August.
- Massimo Florio, 2002. "A state without ownership: the welfare impact of British Privatisations 1979-1997," Departmental Working Papers 2002-24, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Ghosal, Sayantan, 2002. "From the Counting House to the Modern Office: Explaining Anglo-American Productivity Differences in Services, 1870–1990," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 62(04), pages 967-998, December.
- Broadberry, Stephen N., 1998. "How Did the United States and Germany Overtake Britian? A Sectoral Analysis of Comparative Productivity Levels, 1870–1990," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(02), pages 375-407, June.
- Foreman-Peck, James & Waterson, Michael, 1985. "The Comparative Efficiency of Public and Private Enterprise in Britain: Electricity Generation between the World Wars," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380a), pages 83-95, Supplemen.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Glen O'Hara, 2009. "'What the electorate can be expected to swallow': Nationalisation, transnationalism and the shifting boundaries of the state in post-war Britain," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(4), pages 501-528.
More about this item
KeywordsNationalization; Privatization; Great Britain;
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2006-03-11 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2006-03-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PBE-2006-03-11 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2006-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEMM Working Papers). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .