Subsidies, Soft Budget Constraints and Financial Market Imperfections
In this paper we analyze the interaction between subsidies, soft budget con- straints and financial market imperfections in a simple model of occupational choice. The basic message is that the e ect of soft budget constraints has to be analyzed jointly with other possible distortions that are affecting the economy. In particu- lar in environments where there are severe forms of financial market imperfections, subsidies and soft budget constraints can ease those imperfections and reduce credit rationing problems. The "positive" effect of soft budget constraints depends also upon the degree of institutional failure of the economy.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2002|
|Date of revision:||Feb 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 02 6448 3089
Fax: +39 02 6448 3085
Web page: http://dipeco.economia.unimib.it
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon Johnson & John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1999. "Property Rights, Finance, and Entrepreneurship," CESifo Working Paper Series 212, CESifo Group Munich.
- Haizhou Huang & Chenggang Xu, 1999.
"Financial Institutions, Financial Contagion, and Financial Crises,"
CID Working Papers
21, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Huang, H. & Xu, C., 2000. "Financial Institutions, Financial Contagion, and Financial Crises," Papers 21, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Haizhou Huang & Chenggang Xu, 2000. "Financial Institutions, Financial Contagion, and Financial Crises," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 316, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Haizhou Huang & Chenggang Xu, 2000. "Financial Institutions, Financial Contagion, and Financial Crises," IMF Working Papers 00/92, International Monetary Fund.
- Haizhou Huang, 2000. "Financial Institutions, Financial Contagion, and Financial Crises," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1595, Econometric Society.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mib:wpaper:50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Reale)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.