A Post Keynesian Perspective on the Rise of Central Bank Independence: A Dubious Success Story in Monetary Economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Forder, James, 1998. "The case for an independent European central bank: A reassessment of evidence and sources," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 53-71, February.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & de Luna, Xavier, 2002. "Central Bank Independence and Price Stability: Evidence from 23 OECD-countries," Umeå Economic Studies 589, Umeå University, Department of Economics, revised 12 Jun 2003.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masciandaro, Donato & Romelli, Davide, 2015. "Ups and downs of central bank independence from the Great Inflation to the Great Recession: theory, institutions and empirics," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 259-289, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral Banks; Central Bank Independence; Democratic Accountability; Monetary Policy; Time-inconsistency;
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- B59 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Other
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-10-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2010-10-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2010-10-23 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MON-2010-10-23 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2010-10-23 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_625. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .