European Industrial Policy: The Airbus Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard E. Baldwin & Paul Krugman, 1986. "Market Access and International Competition: A Simulation Study of 16K Random Access Memories," NBER Working Papers 1936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Baldwin & Harry Flam, 1989. "Strategic trade policies in the market for 30–40 seat commuter aircraft," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 125(3), pages 484-500, September.
- Richard Baldwin & Paul Krugman, 1988. "Industrial Policy and International Competition in Wide-Bodied Jet Aircraft," NBER Chapters,in: Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis, pages 45-78 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matutes, Carmen & Regibeau, Pierre, 1996. "A selective review of the economics of standardization. Entry deterrence, technological progress and international competition," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 183-209, September.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "The Use of Protection and Subsidies for Entry Promotion and Deterrence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 139-152, March.
- Klepper, Gernot, 1990. "Entry into the market for large transport aircraft," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 775-798, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grigolon, Laura & Leheyda, Nina & Verboven, Frank, 2012.
"Public support for the European car industry: An integrated analysis,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
12-077, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Laura GRIGOLON & Nina LEHEYDA & Frank VERBOVEN, 2012. "Public support for the European car industry: an integrated analysis," Working Papers Department of Economics ces12.14, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Donald S. Siegel & Vasilis Zervos, 2003. "The Importance of Co-ordination in National Technology Policy: Evidence From the Galileo Public Private Partnership," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0308, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & Michael P. Devereux & Seppo Honkapohja & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Xavier Vives, 2007. "Chapter 6: Economic nationalism," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo Group Munich, vol. 0, pages 133-147, February.
- Aubert, Cécile & Falck, Oliver & Heblich, Stephan, .
"Subsidizing National Champions: An Evolutionary Perspective,"
Chapters in Economics,
University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- CÃ©cile Aubert & Oliver Falck & Stephan Heblich, 2008. "Subsidizing National Champions: An Evolutionary Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 2380, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cécile Aubert & Oliver Falck & Stephan Heblich, 2011. "Subsidizing National Champions: An Evolutionary Perspective," Post-Print hal-00382740, HAL.
- Nulsch, Nicole, 2014. "Is Subsidizing Companies in Difficulties an Optimal Policy? An Empirical Study on the Effectiveness of State Aid in the European Union," IWH Discussion Papers 9/2014, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Nicholas Crafts & Alan Hughes, 2013. "Industrial Policy for the Medium to Long-term," Working Papers wp455, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2012. "Creating Competitive Advantage: Policy Lessons from History," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 91, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Irwin, Douglas A. & Pavcnik, Nina, 2004.
"Airbus versus Boeing revisited: international competition in the aircraft market,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 223-245, December.
- Douglas A. Irwin & Nina Pavcnik, 2001. "Airbus versus Boeing Revisited: International Competition in the Aircraft Market," NBER Working Papers 8648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Irwin, Douglas & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003. "Airbus versus Boeing Revisited: International Competition in the Aircraft Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3876, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Christian von Hirschhausen, 1996. "State Aid, Industrial Restructuring and Privatization in the New German Länder: Competition Policy with Case Studies of the Shipbuilding and Synthetic Fibres Industries," CIG Working Papers FS IV 96-13, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & Seppo Honkapohja & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & John Kay & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Xavier Vives, 2006. "Chapter 5: Mergers and Competition Policy in Europe," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo Group Munich, vol. 0, pages 101-116, March.
- Koopmann, Georg, 1998. "German foreign economic policy in the age of globalisation," HWWA Discussion Papers 56, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Seabright, Paul, 1996. "The starfish effect: Can market entry by one firm encourage further entry by others?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 541-550, April.
- Kaivanto, Kim & Stoneman, Paul, 2007. "Public provision of sales contingent claims backed finance to SMEs: A policy alternative," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 637-651, June.
- repec:bbz:fcpbbr:v:11:y:2014:i:6:p:98-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lange, Knut & Müller-Seitz, Gordon & Sydow, Jörg & Windeler, Arnold, 2013. "Financing innovations in uncertain networks—Filling in roadmap gaps in the semiconductor industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 647-661.
- Paul Seabright, 2005. "National and European Champions - Burden or Blessing?," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(2), pages 52-55, August.
- Vasilis Zervos, 2011. "Conflict in Space," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Conflict, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & Michael P. Devereux & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Xavier Vives, 2008. "Chapter 4: Industrial policy," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo Group Munich, vol. 0, pages 105-124, February.
More about this item
Keywordsindustrial policy; airframe industry; calibration;
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-09-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2001-09-10 (European Economics)
- NEP-TID-2001-09-10 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lau:crdeep:9509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gaëlle Sarda). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deelsch.html .