European Industrial Policy: The Airbus Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard E. Baldwin & Paul Krugman, 1986. "Market Access and International Competition: A Simulation Study of 16K Random Access Memories," NBER Working Papers 1936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Baldwin & Harry Flam, 1989. "Strategic trade policies in the market for 30–40 seat commuter aircraft," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 125(3), pages 484-500, September.
- Richard Baldwin & Paul Krugman, 1988. "Industrial Policy and International Competition in Wide-Bodied Jet Aircraft," NBER Chapters, in: Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis, pages 45-78, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matutes, Carmen & Regibeau, Pierre, 1996. "A selective review of the economics of standardization. Entry deterrence, technological progress and international competition," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 183-209, September.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "The Use of Protection and Subsidies for Entry Promotion and Deterrence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 139-152, March.
- Klepper, Gernot, 1990. "Entry into the market for large transport aircraft," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 775-798, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grigolon, Laura & Leheyda, Nina & Verboven, Frank, 2012.
"Public support for the European car industry: An integrated analysis,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
12-077, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Laura GRIGOLON & Nina LEHEYDA & Frank VERBOVEN, 2012. "Public support for the European car industry: an integrated analysis," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven ces12.14, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Paul Seabright, 2005. "National and European Champions - Burden or Blessing?," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(02), pages 52-55, August.
- Nulsch, Nicole, 2014. "Is Subsidizing Companies in Difficulties an Optimal Policy? An Empirical Study on the Effectiveness of State Aid in the European Union," IWH Discussion Papers 9/2014, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2012. "Creating Competitive Advantage: Policy Lessons from History," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 91, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- LarsCalmfors & GiancarloCorsetti & Michael P.Devereux & SeppoHonkapohja & GillesSaint-Paul & Hans-WernerSinn & Jan-EgbertSturm & XavierVives, 2007. "EEAG Report on the European Economy 2007," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo, vol. 0, pages 1-156, February.
- LarsCalmfors & GiancarloCorsetti & SeppoHonkapohja & GillesSaint-Paul & Hans-WernerSinn & JohnKay & Jan-EgbertSturm & XavierVives, 2006. "Chapter 5: Mergers and Competition Policy in Europe," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo, vol. 0, pages 101-116, March.
- Irwin, Douglas A. & Pavcnik, Nina, 2004.
"Airbus versus Boeing revisited: international competition in the aircraft market,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 223-245, December.
- Douglas A. Irwin & Nina Pavcnik, 2001. "Airbus versus Boeing Revisited: International Competition in the Aircraft Market," NBER Working Papers 8648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Irwin, Douglas & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003. "Airbus versus Boeing Revisited: International Competition in the Aircraft Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3876, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Koopmann, Georg, 1998. "German foreign economic policy in the age of globalisation," HWWA Discussion Papers 56, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Aubert, Cécile & Falck, Oliver & Heblich, Stephan, .
"Subsidizing National Champions: An Evolutionary Perspective,"
Chapters in Economics,,
University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Cécile Aubert & Oliver Falck & Stephan Heblich, 2008. "Subsidizing National Champions: An Evolutionary Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 2380, CESifo.
- Cécile Aubert & Oliver Falck & Stephan Heblich, 2011. "Subsidizing National Champions: An Evolutionary Perspective," Post-Print hal-00382740, HAL.
- Seabright, Paul, 1996. "The starfish effect: Can market entry by one firm encourage further entry by others?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 541-550, April.
- Kaivanto, Kim & Stoneman, Paul, 2007. "Public provision of sales contingent claims backed finance to SMEs: A policy alternative," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 637-651, June.
- Frederico Lustosa da Costa & José Cezar Castanhar & Daniela Gomes Castanhar Reyes & Gustavo de Oliveira Almeida, 2014. "Developing an Evaluating System to Improve Efficiency, Effectiveness and Governance in the Public Sector: the Case of the Program of Subsidies to Exporting Companies in Brazil," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 11(6), pages 98-122, December.
- Lange, Knut & Müller-Seitz, Gordon & Sydow, Jörg & Windeler, Arnold, 2013. "Financing innovations in uncertain networks—Filling in roadmap gaps in the semiconductor industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 647-661.
- Paul Seabright, 2005. "National and European Champions - Burden or Blessing?," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(2), pages 52-55, August.
- LarsCalmfors & GiancarloCorsetti & Michael P.Devereux & SeppoHonkapohja & GillesSaint-Paul & Hans-WernerSinn & Jan-EgbertSturm & XavierVives, 2007. "Chapter 6: Economic nationalism," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo, vol. 0, pages 133-147, February.
- Nicholas Crafts & Alan Hughes, 2013. "Industrial Policy for the Medium to Long-term," Working Papers wp455, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Christian von Hirschhausen, 1996. "State Aid, Industrial Restructuring and Privatization in the New German Länder: Competition Policy with Case Studies of the Shipbuilding and Synthetic Fibres Industries," CIG Working Papers FS IV 96-13, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Lenz, Fulko, 2020. "Plattformökonomie – zwischen Abwehr und Wunschdenken," Zeitthemen 03, Stiftung Marktwirtschaft / The Market Economy Foundation, Berlin.
- Feld, Lars P. & Schmidt, Christoph M. & Schnabel, Isabel & Truger, Achim & Wieland, Volker, 2019. "Den Strukturwandel meistern. Jahresgutachten 2019/20," Annual Economic Reports / Jahresgutachten, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung, volume 127, number 201920, Fall.
- LarsCalmfors & GiancarloCorsetti & SeppoHonkapohja & JohnKay & GillesSaint-Paul & Hans-WernerSinn & Jan-EgbertSturm & XavierVives, 2006. "EEAG European Economic Advisory Group at CESifo: Report on the European Economy 2006," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo, vol. 0, pages 1-120, March.
- Koopmann, Georg, 1998. "German Foreign Economic Policy in the Age of Globalisation," Discussion Paper Series 26395, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Alena Zemplinerová, 2006. "Efekty státní podpory podniků [Effects of state aid to enterprises]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2006(2), pages 204-213.
- Vasilis Zervos, 2011. "Conflict in Space," Chapters, in: Derek L. Braddon & Keith Hartley (ed.),Handbook on the Economics of Conflict, chapter 9, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- LarsCalmfors & GiancarloCorsetti & Michael P.Devereux & GillesSaint-Paul & Hans-WernerSinn & Jan-EgbertSturm & XavierVives, 2008. "Chapter 4: Industrial policy," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo, vol. 0, pages 105-124, February.
More about this item
Keywordsindustrial policy; airframe industry; calibration;
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lau:crdeep:9509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michèle Jaccoud Ramseier). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deelsch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.