Dissecting the purchasing managers' index
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcellino, Massimiliano & Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W., 2006.
"A comparison of direct and iterated multistep AR methods for forecasting macroeconomic time series,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1-2), pages 499-526.
- Marcellino, Massimiliano & Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 2005. "A Comparison of Direct and Iterated Multistep AR Methods for Forecasting Macroeconomic Time Series," CEPR Discussion Papers 4976, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Massimiliano Marcellino & James Stock & Mark Watson, 2005. "A Comparison of Direct and Iterated Multistep AR Methods for Forecasting Macroeconomic Time Series," Working Papers 285, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Kajal Lahiri & Wenxiong Yao, 2012.
"Should transportation output be included as part of the coincident indicators system?,"
OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis,
OECD Publishing, Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2012(1), pages 1-24.
- Kajal Lahiri & Wenxiong Yao, 2011. "Should Transportation Output be Included as Part of the Coincident Indicators System?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3477, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bai, Jushan & Ng, Serena, 2008. "Forecasting economic time series using targeted predictors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 304-317, October.
- Klaus Abberger & Michael Graff & Boriss Siliverstovs & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2014. "The KOF Economic Barometer, Version 2014," KOF Working papers 14-353, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Eric Ghysels & Arthur Sinko & Rossen Valkanov, 2007. "MIDAS Regressions: Further Results and New Directions," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 53-90.
- Ghysels, Eric & Santa-Clara, Pedro & Valkanov, Rossen, 2004.
"The MIDAS Touch: Mixed Data Sampling Regression Models,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt9mf223rs, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Eric Ghysels & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2004. "The MIDAS Touch: Mixed Data Sampling Regression Models," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-20, CIRANO.
- Hui Zou & Trevor Hastie, 2005. "Addendum: Regularization and variable selection via the elastic net," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(5), pages 768-768.
- Hui Zou & Trevor Hastie, 2005. "Regularization and variable selection via the elastic net," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(2), pages 301-320.
- Gad Levanon & Ataman Ozyildirim & Brian Schaitkin & Justyna Zabinska, 2011. "Comprehensive Benchmark Revisions for The Conference Board Leading Economic Index® for the United States," Economics Program Working Papers 11-06, The Conference Board, Economics Program.
More about this item
KeywordsGDP growth; MIDAS; LASSO; MIDASSO; PMI; Real-time data; Switzerland;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2015-03-22 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kof:wpskof:15-376. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/koethch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.