Expansion and Transformation of the Export-Oriented Silk Weaving District: The Case of Fukui in Japan from 1890 to 1919
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Minami, Ryoshin, 1977. "Mechanical Power in the Industrialization of Japan," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(04), pages 935-958, December.
- Khondoker Abdul Mottaleb & Tetsushi Sonobe, 2011.
"An Inquiry into the Rapid Growth of the Garment Industry in Bangladesh,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(1), pages 67-89.
- Khondoker Abdul Mottaleb & Tetsushi Sonobe, 2011. "An Inquiry into the Rapid Growth of the Garment Industry in Bangladesh," GRIPS Discussion Papers 11-10, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Kaoru Sugihara, 2007. "The Second Noel Butlin Lecture: Labour-Intensive Industrialisation In Global History," Australian Economic History Review, Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 47(2), pages 121-154, July.
- Tomoko Hashino & Keijiro Otsuka, 2013. "Hand looms, power looms, and changing production organizations: the case of the Kiryū weaving district in early twentieth-century Japan," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 66(3), pages 785-804, August.
- Tomoko Hashino & Osamu Saito, 2004. "Tradition and interaction: research trends in modern Japanese industrial history," Australian Economic History Review, Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(3), pages 241-258, November.
- Tomoko Hashino & Takafumi Kurosawa, 2011. "Beyond Marshallian Agglomeration Economies: The Roles of the Local Trade Association in a Meiji Japan Weaving District (1868-1912)," Discussion Papers 1113, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Stephen Broadberry & Steve Hindle, 2011. "Editors’ introduction," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 64(s1), pages 1-7, February.
- Tomoko Hashino, 2012. "Institutionalising Technical Education: The Case Of Weaving Districts In Meiji Japan," Australian Economic History Review, Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 52(1), pages 25-42, March.
- Broadberry, Stephen N & Gupta, Bishnupriya, 2005. "The Early Modern Great Divergence: Wages, Prices and Economic Development in Europe and Asia, 1500-1800," CEPR Discussion Papers 4947, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pierre van der Eng, 2004. "Economic History of Asia: comparative perspectives," Australian Economic History Review, Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(3), pages 215-220, November.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Eng, Pierre van der, 2010. "Historical perspectives on Asian economic growth and development," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 260-263, July.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:koe:wpaper:1303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kimiaki Shirahama). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fekobjp.html .