Personal Bankruptcy: Reconciling Adverse Events and Strategic Filing Hypotheses Using Heterogeneity in Filing Types
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Li Gan & Tarun Sabarwal & Shuoxun Zhang, 2010. "Personal Bankruptcy: Reconciling Adverse Events and Strategic Timing Hypotheses Using Heterogeneity in Filing Types," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201008, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised May 2011.
References listed on IDEAS
- William Adams & Liran Einav & Jonathan Levin, 2009.
"Liquidity Constraints and Imperfect Information in Subprime Lending,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 49-84, March.
- William Adams & Liran Einav & Jonathan Levin, 2007. "Liquidity Constraints and Imperfect Information in Subprime Lending," NBER Working Papers 13067, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wise, David A. (ed.), 2005. "Analyses in the Economics of Aging," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 0, number 9780226902869.
- Arthur B. Kennickell & Martha Starr-McCluer & Brian J. Surette, 2000. "Recent changes in U. S. family finances: results from the 1998 Survey of Consumer Finances," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jan, pages 1-29.
- Tal Gross & Matthew J. Notowidigdo & Jialan Wang, 2014.
"Liquidity Constraints and Consumer Bankruptcy: Evidence from Tax Rebates,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 96(3), pages 431-443, July.
- Tal Gross & Matthew J. Notowidigdo & Jialan Wang, 2012. "Liquidity Constraints and Consumer Bankruptcy: Evidence from Tax Rebates," NBER Working Papers 17807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Li Gan & Roberto Mosquera, 2008. "An Empirical Study of the Credit Market with Unobserved Consumer Typers," NBER Working Papers 13873, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mário R. Páscoa & Aloisio P. Araujo, 2002. "Bancruptcy in a model of unsecured claims," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(3), pages 455-481.
- Powell, James L., 1984. "Least absolute deviations estimation for the censored regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-325, July.
- Li Gan & Tarun Sabarwal, 2005. "A Simple Test of Adverse Events and Strategic Timing Theories of Consumer Bankruptcy," NBER Working Papers 11763, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sabarwal Tarun, 2003. "Competitive Equilibria With Incomplete Markets and Endogenous Bankruptcy," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-42, January.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer bankruptcy; personal bankruptcy; adverse events; strategic filing;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-20 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kan:wpaper:201239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jianbo Zhang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuksus.html .