FTA utilization : certificate of origin data versus customs data
This paper empirically examines what kinds of elements affect the gap in free trade agreement (FTA) utilization with regard to customs data and certificates of origin (CoOs) data. We focus on Thai exports to Korea under the ASEAN-Korea FTA in 2011. As a result, we found that the products with the higher demand volatility or those with a larger number of tariff-line products within the same harmonized system (HS) six-digit code have the larger gap. Another important finding is that the difference between the HS version at the time of the FTA negotiation and the current HS version does not have significant association with the gap. These findings have important implications.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in IDE Discussion Paper. No. 428. 2013.9|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545|
Web page: http://www.ide.go.jp/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Publication Office, IDE 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN|
Web: http://www.ide.go.jp/English/Publish/Order Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N/A, 2006. "The World Economy," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 196(1), pages 10-35, April.
- Céline Carrere & Olivier Cadot & Jaime Melo De & Bolormaa Tumurchudur, 2011.
"Product Specific Rules of Origin in EU and US Preferential Trading Arrangements: An Assessment,"
- Cadot, Olivier & Carrere, Celine & De Melo, Jaime & Tumurchudur, Bolormaa, 2006. "Product-specific rules of origin in EU and US preferential trading arrangements: an assessment," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 199-224, July.
- Olivier CADOT & Jaime MELO DE & Céline CARRERE & Bolormaa TUMURCHUDUR, 2005. "Product Specific Rules of Origin in EU and US Preferential Trading Arrangements: An Assessment," Working Papers 200508, CERDI.
- Céline Carrere & Olivier Cadot & Bolormaa Tumurchudur & Jaime De Melo, 2006. "Product-specific rules of origin in EU and US preferential trading arrangements: an assessment," Post-Print hal-00022988, HAL.
- Jean-Christophe Bureau & Raja Chakir & Jacques Gallezot, 2007. "The Utilisation of Trade Preferences for Developing Countries in the Agri-food Sector," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 175-198, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Kobayashi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.