Contextualised Mobility Histories of Moving Desires and Actual Moving Behaviour
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nancy Landale & Avery Guest, 1985. "Constraints, Satisfaction and Residential Mobility: Speare’s Model Reconsidered," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 22(2), pages 199-222, May.
- Gary Pollock, 2007. "Holistic trajectories: a study of combined employment, housing and family careers by using multiple-sequence analysis," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 170(1), pages 167-183.
- Alden Speare, 1974. "Residential satisfaction as an intervening variable in residential mobility," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 11(2), pages 173-188, May.
- Christian Brzinsky-Fay & Ulrich Kohler & Magdalena Luniak, 2006. "Sequence analysis with Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(4), pages 435-460, December.
- Francesca Michielin & Clara H Mulder, 2008. "Family events and the residential mobility of couples," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(11), pages 2770-2790, November.
- Adrian J Bailey & Megan K Blake & Thomas J Cooke, 2004. "Migration, care, and the linked lives of dual-earner households," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(9), pages 1617-1632, September.
- Philip S Morrison & William A V Clark, 2011. "Internal migration and employment: macro flows and micro motives," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 43(8), pages 1948-1964, August.
- Thomas Niedomysl, 2011. "How Migration Motives Change over Migration Distance: Evidence on Variation across Socio-economic and Demographic Groups," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 843-855.
- Boheim, Rene & Taylor, Mark P, 2002. "Tied Down or Rome to Move? Investigating the Relationships between Housing Tenure, Employment Status and Residential Mobility in Britain," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(4), pages 369-392, September.
- Silke Aisenbrey & Anette E. Fasang, 2010. "New Life for Old Ideas: The "Second Wave" of Sequence Analysis Bringing the "Course" Back Into the Life Course," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 38(3), pages 420-462, February.
- Coulter, Rory & van Ham, Maarten & Feijten, Peteke, 2011. "Partner (Dis)agreement on Moving Desires and the Subsequent Moving Behaviour of Couples," IZA Discussion Papers 5612, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carola de Groot & Clara H Mulder & Marjolijn Das & Dorien Manting, 2011. "Life events and the gap between intention to move and actual mobility," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 43(1), pages 48-66, January.
More about this item
Keywordslongitudinal data; residential mobility; life course; moving desires; sequence analysis;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .