Why Praise Inequality? Public Good Provision, Income Distribution and Social Welfare
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Indraneel Dasgupta, "undated". "Why Praise Inequality? Public Good Provision, Income Distribution and Social Welfare," Discussion Papers 08/07, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Kanbur, Ravi, 2003. "Bridging Communal Divides: Separation, Patronage, Integration," Working Papers 127235, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Cornes,Richard & Sandler,Todd, 1996. "The Theory of Externalities, Public Goods, and Club Goods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521477185, March.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Richard Cornes & Todd Sandler, 2000.
"Pareto-Improving Redistribution and Pure Public Goods,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(2), pages 169-186, May.
- Richard Cornes & Todd Sandler, 1998. "Pareto-Improving Redistribution and Pure Public Goods," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 98/04, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Cornes, Richard & Sandler, Todd, 2000. "Pareto-Improving Redistribution and Pure Public Goods," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1833, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Andreoni, James, 1990. "Impure Altruism and Donations to Public Goods: A Theory of Warm-Glow Giving?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 464-477, June.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Kanbur, Ravi, 2007. "Community and class antagonism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(9), pages 1816-1842, September.
- Itaya, Jun-ichi & de Meza, David & Myles, Gareth D., 1997. "In praise of inequality: public good provision and income distribution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 289-296, December.
- Cornes, Richard & Sandler, Todd, 1994. "The comparative static properties of the impure public good model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 403-421, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Itaya, Jun-ichi & Mizushima, Atsue, 2016.
"Should income inequality be praised? Multiple public goods provision, income distribution, and social welfare,"
Discussion paper series. A
298, Graduate School of Economics and Business Administration, Hokkaido University.
- Jun-ichi Itaya & Atsue Mizushima, 2016. "Should Income Inequality be Praised? Multiple Public Goods Provision, Income Distribution and Social Welfare," CESifo Working Paper Series 6215, CESifo Group Munich.
- Indraneel Dasgupta & Ravi Kanbur, 2011. "Does philanthropy reduce inequality?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(1), pages 1-21, March.
More about this item
Keywordspublic goods; voluntary provision; income distribution; inequality; social welfare;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2009-02-22 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2009-02-22 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3988. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .