Wage Determination in the U.S. Airline Industry: Union Power under Product Market Constraints
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Card, 1989.
"Deregulation and Labor Earnings in the Airline Industry,"
627, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David Card, 1996. "Deregulation and Labor Earnings in the Airline Industry," NBER Working Papers 5687, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher R. Bollinger & Barry T. Hirsch, 2006.
"Match Bias from Earnings Imputation in the Current Population Survey: The Case of Imperfect Matching,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 483-520, July.
- Bollinger, Christopher R. & Hirsch, Barry, 2005. "Match Bias from Earnings Imputation in the Current Population Survey: The Case of Imperfect Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1846, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barry T. Hirsch & Edward J. Schumacher, 2004.
"Match Bias in Wage Gap Estimates Due to Earnings Imputation,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(3), pages 689-722, July.
- Hirsch, Barry & Schumacher, Edward J., 2003. "Match Bias in Wage Gap Estimates Due to Earnings Imputation," IZA Discussion Papers 783, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gary M. Fournier & Monica E. Hartmann & Thomas Zuehlke, 2005. "Airport Substitution by Travelers: Why do we have to drive to fly?," Working Papers wp2005_09_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Marco Manacorda, 2004. "Can the Scala Mobile Explain the Fall and Rise of Earnings Inequality in Italy? A Semiparametric Analysis, 19771993," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(3), pages 585-614, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Severin Borenstein & Nancy L. Rose, 2007. "How Airline Markets Work...Or Do They? Regulatory Reform in the Airline Industry," NBER Working Papers 13452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsairlines; wages; bargaining; unions; comparability; bankruptcy; wage cycles; CPS;
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.