Earnings Inequality and Market Work in Husband-Wife Families
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeremy Lise & Shannon Seitz, 2011.
"Consumption Inequality and Intra-household Allocations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 78(1), pages 328-355.
- Jeremy Lise & Shannon Seitz, 2004. "Consumption Inequality and Intra-Household Allocations," Working Papers 1019, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Jeremy Lise & Shannon Seitz, 2005. "Consumption Inequality and Intra-Household Allocations," Labor and Demography 0504001, EconWPA.
- Shannon Seitz & Jeremy Lise, 2005. "Consumption Inequality and Intra-Household Allocations," 2005 Meeting Papers 448, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jeremy Lise & Shannon Seitz, 2007. "Consumption inequality and intra-household allocations," IFS Working Papers W07/09, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- John Pencavel, 2006.
"A Life Cycle Perspective on Changes in Earnings Inequality among Married Men and Women,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 232-242, May.
- John Pencavel, 2005. "A Life Cycle Perspective on Changes in Earnings Inequality Among Married Men and Women," Discussion Papers 04-036, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Lehrer, Evelyn & Nerlove, Marc, 1981. "The Impact of Female Work on Family Income Distribution in the United States: Black-White Differentials," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 27(4), pages 423-431, December.
- Smith, James P, 1979. "The Distribution of Family Earnings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 163-192, October.
- Katz, Lawrence F. & Autor, David H., 1999. "Changes in the wage structure and earnings inequality," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1463-1555 Elsevier.
- Maria Cancian & Deborah Reed, 1998. "Assessing The Effects Of Wives' Earnings On Family Income Inequality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 73-79, February.
- Pencavel, John, 1998. "Assortative Mating by Schooling and the Work Behavior of Wives and Husbands," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 326-329, May.
More about this item
Keywordshours of work; earnings inequality; married women's employment-population ratios;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2006-08-12 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2006-08-12 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2235. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .