Does Obesity Hurt Your Wages More in Dublin than in Madrid? Evidence from ECHP
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Susan Averett & Sanders Korenman, 1996. "The Economic Reality of the Beauty Myth," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(2), pages 304-330.
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fahr, René, 2006.
"The Wage Effects of Social Norms: Evidence of Deviations from Peers’ Body-Mass in Europe,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2323, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elmar A. Janssen & Rene Fahr, 2014. "The Wage Effects of Social Norms - Evidence of Deviations from Peers' Body Mass in Europe," Working Papers Dissertations 04, Paderborn University, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
- Hübler, Olaf, 2006. "The Nonlinear Link between Height and Wages: An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 2394, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2007. "Evidence of Unequal Treatment in Hiring against Obese Applicants: A Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 2775, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsEurope; body mass index; wages;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-08-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2005-08-13 (European Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2005-08-13 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2005-08-13 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .