- Valuation Equlibrium Revisited
This paper extends the notion of valuation equilibrium which applies to market economies involving the choice of a public environment. Unlike some other recent work, it is assumed here that consumers and firms evaluate alternative environments taking market prices as given (hence this notion is closer to that of competitive equilibria). It is shown that valuation equilibria with balanced tax schemas yield eficient allocations and that eficient allocations can be decentralized as valuation equilibria, with tax schemas that may be unbalanced.
|Date of creation:||Oct 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published by Ivie|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 96 319 00 50
Fax: +34 96 319 00 55
Web page: http://www.ivie.es/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diamantaras, Dimitrios & Gilles, Robert P, 1996.
"The Pure Theory of Public Goods: Efficiency, Dencentralization, and the Core,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(4), pages 851-60, November.
- Dimitrios Diamantaras & Robert P. Gilles, 1994. "The Pure Theory of Public Goods: Efficiency, Decentralization, and the Core," Public Economics 9403001, EconWPA.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521335614 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1980. "Efficiency and Decentralization in the Pure Theory of Public Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 94(4), pages 625-41, June.
- Diamantaras Dimitrios & Wilkie Simon, 1994. "A Generalization of Kaneko's Ratio Equilibrium for Economies with Private and Public Goods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 499-512, April.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Silvestre, Joaquim, 1989. "Cost share equilibria: A Lindahlian approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 239-256, April.
- Dreze, Jacques H & Hagen, Kare P, 1978.
"Choice of Product Quality: Equilibrium and Efficiency,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 493-513, May.
- DREZE, Jacques H. & HAGEN, Kare P., . "Choice of product quality: equilibrium and efficiency," CORE Discussion Papers RP -332, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Antonio Villar, 2007. "Competitive Pricing," Working Papers 07.08, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Vega-Redondo, Fernando, 1987. "Efficiency and nonlinear pricing in nonconvex environments with externalities: A generalization of the Lindahl equilibrium concept," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 54-67, February.
- Hammond, Peter J & Villar, Antonio, 1998.
" Efficiency with Non-convexities: Extending the "Scandinavian Consensus" Approaches,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(1), pages 11-32, March.
- Peter J. Hammond & Antonio Villar, . "Efficiency with Non-Convexities: Extending the "Scandinavian Consensus" Approaches," Working Papers 97036, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C., 1970. "A "Scandinavian consensus" solution for efficient income distribution among nonmalevolent consumers," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 383-398, December.
- Kaneko, Mamoru, 1977. "The ratio equilibrium and a voting game in a public goods economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 123-136, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasad:1998-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.