Structural Changes and Interregional Income Inequality in the Philippines, 1975-2009
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Takahiro Akita & Mark Saliganan Pagulayan, 2014. "Structural Changes And Interregional Income Inequality In The Philippines, 1975–2009," Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 135-154, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Takahiro Akita & Sachiko Miyata, 2010. "The bi-dimensional decomposition of regional inequality based on the weighted coefficient of variation," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 91-100, October.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko, 2003. "Growth, inequality and politics revisited: a developing-country case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 53-58, April.
- Takahiro Akita & Puji Agus Kurniawan & Sachiko Miyata, 2011.
"Structural Changes and Regional Income Inequality in Indonesia: A Bidimensional Decomposition Analysis,"
Asian Economic Journal,
East Asian Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 55-77, March.
- Takahiro Akita & Puji Agus Kurniawan & Sachiko Miyata, 2009. "Structural Changes and Regional Income Inequality in Indonesia: A Bi-dimensional Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers EMS_2009_13, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Arsenio M. Balisacan & Hal Hill & Sharon Faye A Piza, 2006. "Regional Development Dynamics and Decentralization in the Philippines: Ten Lessons from a 'Fast Starter'," Departmental Working Papers 2006-14, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Manasan, Rosario G. & Mercado, Ruben G., 1999. "Regional Economic Growth and Convergence in the Philippines: 1975-1997," Discussion Papers DP 1999-13, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Mapa, Dennis S. & Briones, Kristine Joy S., 2007. "Robust Determinants of Income Growth in the Philippines," Philippine Journal of Development PJD 2006 Vol. XXXIII Nos., Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko, 2004. "Changes in Spatial Income Inequality in the Philippines: An Exploratory Analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series 034, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mercado, Ruben G., 2002. "Regional Development in the Philippines: A Review of Experience, State of the Art and Agenda for Research and Action," Discussion Papers DP 2002-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Mapa, Dennis S. & Balisacan, Arsenio & Briones, Kristine Joy S. & Albis, Manuel Leonard F., 2009. "What really matters for income growth in the Philippines: Empirical evidence from provincial data," MPRA Paper 19449, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joseph J. Capuno, 2012. "Agglomeration And Sub-Regional Disparities Under Decentralization: Evidence Of Spatial Clustering Of Land Values In The Philippines," Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 106-120, November.
More about this item
Keywordsstructural change; regional income inequality; the Philippines; bi-dimensional decomposition; weighted coefficient of variation;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-LTV-2013-10-05 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PBE-2013-10-05 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-10-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iuj:wpaper:ems_2013_14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kazumi Imai, Office of Academic Affairs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gsiujjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.