Finnland auf dem Weg zur Wissensökonomie – Von Pfadabhängigkeit zu Pfadentwicklung [Finland’s Way Into the Knowledge-based Economy: From Path Dependency to Path Creation]
The current techno-economic paradigm change represents a great challenge to evolutionary innovation research. Instead of concentrating on the aspect of path dependency, research needs to focus more on the process of path creation. This change in the research perspective is dealt with in the first part of the paper; a conceptual framework has been developed to analyse the process of path creation. The second part analyses the development of a new growth path in Finland. This small Nordic country managed to transform itself from a resource-based into a knowledge-based economy in a rather short period of time without any major cutbacks in the highly developed welfare state.
|Date of creation:||12 Jan 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Strohgasse 45, 5, A-1030 Wien|
Fax: 0043-1-710 98 83
Web page: http://www.oeaw.ac.at/ita/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jalava, Jukka & Pohjola, Matti, 2002.
"Economic growth in the New Economy: evidence from advanced economies,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 189-210, June.
- Jalava, Jukka & Pohjola, Matti, 2001. "Economic Growth in the New Economy. Evidence from Advanced Economies," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Freeman, C., 1991. "Networks of innovators: A synthesis of research issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 499-514, October.
- Andrea Bassanini & Giovanni Dosi, 1999. "When and How Chance and Human Will Can Twist the Arms of Clio," LEM Papers Series 1999/05, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Bengt-ake Lundvall & Bjorn Johnson, 1994. "The Learning Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 23-42.
- Lemola, Tarmo, 2002. "Convergence of national science and technology policies: the case of Finland," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1481-1490, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ita:itaman:04_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Werner Kabelka)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.