Anti-poverty effectiveness and efficiency of the Guaranteed Minimum Income Programme in Portugal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Moffitt, Robert, 1992. "Incentive Effects of the U.S. Welfare System: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 1-61, March.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Sen, Amartya, 1979. " Issues in the Measurement of Poverty," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(2), pages 285-307.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1987.
"Lessons from the income maintenance experiments: an overview,"
New England Economic Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 32-45.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1986. "Lessons from the income maintenance experiments: an overview," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 30, pages 1-21.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292975.
- Miguel Gouveia & Carlos Farinha Rodrigues, 1999. "The impact of a "Minimum Guaranteed Income Program" in Portugal," Working Papers Department of Economics 1999/03, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Beckerman, W, 1979. "The Impact of Income Maintenance Payments on Poverty in Britain, 1975," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(354), pages 261-279, June.
- Carlos Farinha Rodrigues, 1999. "Income distribution and poverty in Portugal (1994/95)," Working Papers Department of Economics 1999/04, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Efraim Sadka, 1976. "On Income Distribution, Incentive Effects and Optimal Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 261-267.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Margarida Chagas Lopes & Pedro Goulart, 2003. "Portuguese data on child work: what does it encompass?," Working Papers Department of Economics 2003/04, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Pedro Goulart, 2003. "An Overview on child Labour Determinants - The Portuguese case," Working Papers Department of Economics 2003/03, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- de la Rica, Sara & Gorjón, Lucía, 2017. "Assessing the Impact of a Minimum Income Scheme in the Basque Country," IZA Discussion Papers 10867, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- O'Donoghue, Cathal & Albuquerque, J. & Baldini, Massimo & Bargain, Olivier & Bosi, P. & Levy, Horacio & Mantovani, D. & Matsaganis, Manos & Mercader-Prats, M. & Farinha, C. & Rodrigues, Farinha & Toso, 2002. "The impact of means tested assistance in Southern Europe," EUROMOD Working Papers EM6/01, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsIncome Distribution; Inequality; Poverty Alleviation; Social Policy; Portugal.;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-07-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2001-07-30 (Development)
- NEP-EEC-2001-07-30 (European Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2001-07-30 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ise:isegwp:wp82001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vitor Escaria). General contact details of provider: https://aquila1.iseg.ulisboa.pt/aquila/departamentos/EC .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.