On Positional Consumption and Technological Innovation- an Agent-based Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert H. Frank, 2005. "Positional Externalities Cause Large and Preventable Welfare Losses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 137-141, May.
- Tanya Araujo & R. Vilela Mendes, 2006. "Market-oriented innovation: When is it profitable? An abstract agent-based study," Working Papers Department of Economics 2006/31, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Robert H. Frank, 2006. "Taking Libertarian Concerns Seriously: Reply to Kashdan and Klein," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(3), pages 435-451, September.
- Kjell Arne Brekke & Richard B. Howarth, 2000. "The Social Contingency of Wants," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(4), pages 493-503.
- Vriend, Nicolaas J., 2006. "ACE Models of Endogenous Interactions," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 21, pages 1047-1079 Elsevier.
- Andrew Kashdan & Daniel B. Klein, 2006. "Assume the Positional: Comment on Robert Frank," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(3), pages 412-434, September.
- Dawid, Herbert, 2006. "Agent-based Models of Innovation and Technological Change," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 25, pages 1235-1272 Elsevier.
- Richard B. Howarth & Kjell Arne Brekke, 1998. "Status Preferences and Economic Growth," Discussion Papers 240, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 1995. "Will raising the incomes of all increase the happiness of all?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 35-47, June.
- Wilhite, Allen, 2006. "Economic Activity on Fixed Networks," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1013-1045 Elsevier.
- Kjell Arne Brekke & Richard B. Howarth & Karine Nyborg, 1998. "Are there Social Limits to Growth?," Discussion Papers 239, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Axelrod, Robert & Tesfatsion, Leigh, 2006. "A Guide for Newcomers to Agent-Based Modeling in the Social Sciences," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12515, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Roger Mason, 2000. "Conspicuous consumption and the positional economy: policy and prescription since 1970," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3-4), pages 123-132.
More about this item
KeywordsPositional consumption; innovation; agent-based models; Robert Frank;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2010-04-17 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2010-04-17 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2010-04-17 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ise:isegwp:wp42010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vitor Escaria). General contact details of provider: https://aquila1.iseg.ulisboa.pt/aquila/departamentos/EC .