The relationship between income and housing deprivation in Luxembourg: a longitudinal analysis
The relationship between income and housing deprivation in Luxembourg is analysed at both a cross-sectional and longitudinal level using data from the Panel Socio-Economique ?Liewen zu Lëtzebuerg? (PSELL3) for 2003 to 2009. Long-term housing deprivation is negatively associated with long-term income but this relationship is not confirmed when controlling for unobserved heterogeneity through fixed effect models. This finding suggests that housing deprivation is less affected by short variations in income than by measures of permanent income and that unobserved characteristics of households, such as their wealth or assets, may affect the relationship between long-term income and long-term deprivation.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 11, Porte des Sciences, L-4366 Esch-sur-Alzette, G.-D. Luxembourg|
Phone: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 1
Fax: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 700
Web page: https://www.liser.lu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Desai, Meghnad & Shah, Anup, 1988. "An Econometric Approach to the Measurement of Poverty," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 505-22, September.
- Cappellari, Lorenzo & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2006. "Summarizing multiple deprivation indicators," ISER Working Paper Series 2006-40, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Sara Ayllón & Magda Mercader & Xavier Ramos, 2004. "Caracterización de la privación y de la pobreza en Catalunya," Working Papers wpdea0410, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Atkinson, Tony & Cantillon, Bea & Marlier, Eric & Nolan, Brian, 2002. "Social Indicators: The EU and Social Inclusion," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199253494, December.
- Ayala, Luis & Navarro, Carolina, 2007. "The dynamics of housing deprivation," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 72-97, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irs:cepswp:2012-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Library and Documentation)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.